• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices trying to drive me to alcohol

Funnyday

Funnyday

My birthday is coming up in a few week's time. My voices are trying to get me to drink some beers on the day. They also are trying to get me to drink beer this Saturday as I watch the FA cup final. I take each day as it comes. It's hard to keep my mind off of booze when they are constantly going on about it.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

My voices were hounding me to smoke, and now i smoke a cigar.

Daybreak

Daybreak

My birthday is coming up in a few week's time. My voices are trying to get me to drink some beers on the day. They also are trying to get me to drink beer this Saturday as I watch the FA cup final. I take each day as it comes. It's hard to keep my mind off of booze when they are constantly going on about it.
The book Atomic Habits really is helpful in learning how to deal with bad habits. Look at this videos below to get an idea of what it's about. The most important part of the book IMO is about identity change and the 4 laws of behavioral change. Changing your identity, who you believe you are is important for changing your habits. If you believe your smoker odds are you will smoke, when faced with temptation. The opposite is also true, if you believe your not smoker, than temptation. It's part of your identity, what's important to you.

T

TyFence

We are all enticed by our desires Especially our addictions. But you have to decide if drinking is good for you or not. Be strong, just say ‘no’.