• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices that won't go away?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I have this persistent voices that seem to just tell me to do things or is that they know things about me. It's nothing dangerous but kind of threatening in the Manner. I would like to know what I should tell these voices because I haven't experienced this in a long time. I used to have voices that were very thoughtful and pleasant and now I have voices that are demonic? Should I play around with the idea of changing my therapy routine? And if one of these voices to become permanent in my life how do I make it positive?

Z

Zoe1

I would try to watch something positive online or on tv
comedy, crafts, nature safaris ? a guided meditation

I do know what you mean
and it can be turned around

also check you have eaten properly

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

A guided meditation? What an amazing idea. Thank you zoe

Z

Zoe1

there are some amazing ones on youtube

I think there is one about elves that I really liked

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

11s ok I'll check it out... right now I'm eating candy. Laughin somehow. Maybe I can drown them?

EdEd

EdEd

Try to ignore these types of voices , I had an episode last night briefly that acted rude and uncalled for , so I combated the rudeness with my own rudeness. Whatever happened as I was trying to fall asleep I did not like. But other than that they've been great.. but yes guided meditations are good , they can be very helpful.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I had 3 episodes last night I woke up from sleep from voices. I believe these episodes are because I am going from place to place but it really escalated today. I'll do my best to ignore them but there's other voices worrying too. How do I handle it. Good to use meditation guides. I'll try my step accept short comings.

EdEd

EdEd

Theres nothing one can do once the voices start to be repititious and relentless.. not much we can do , we can state our feelings to the voices and tell them how their repititious and relentless behavior makes us feel and then hope they understand and try your best to ignore them.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I'm desperately confused on how they got back into my mind. I blame myself for cutting down on my medication. But at the same time it's like a switch went off in my mind. I am honestly worried. I had to order him away him so this was a very serious disorder that I went through. Delusional disorder.

There are things that can be done I can feel it. Maybe I can move or I started going for regular walks and I felt a ton better later that night. Mostly I have been enjoying artwork. which I think might have escalated this.

EdEd

EdEd

Really ? You feel as if your artwork escalated your symptoms? Did it cause an increase in voices?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Yeah I think so I tried to move away from my portraits into a more sketch like type of drawing and the voices escalated. It's coming from the classical music I was listening to too I know it.

*(Goodbye voices! I'm not going to draw or listen to classical music anymore if you continue!!!)*

EdEd

EdEd

I can tell that you want to get rid of them , it must be very stressful to be doing something you find enjoyable and have difficulty truly enjoying it to it fullest due to voices.. I'm sorry that you are having to go through this , you dont deserve such treatment.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I woke up again! The voices are very persistent. Maybe I need warm milk. I started taking my medication in the morning hours. It still doesn't feel hopeless tho. Maybe I can try and read something. But what? I'm tired of t.v. music the internet? I feel embodied. Maybe it will let up.

🕊🕊🕊

N

natalie

I suggest that you go back on to your full and I mean full dose of your medication that your GP or doctor had prescribed for starters, that will help curb the problems.

Also, try to listen to some music pre recorded I listen to musicals and music switching from one type to the other, not quick in one go , mind, and i always always do find, that listening tomusic and on full calibre of dose, helps immensely to detract from the un wanted voices.

First and foremost, today, do have your full as prescribed, med dose, and don't cut the dose again.

Best Wishes. I do hope you'll recover.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Thank you
I think I might need double the dose or a different prn. But I'm not trying to on them long term. This feels urgent. Maybe it'll blow over. I think if I eat breakfast I'll feel better.

♥