• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Voices telling me to do bad stuff *Trigger Warning*

doomsayers

doomsayers

I hear my dads voice. Its like a few voices jumbled up but i hear kill yourself, hate, hurt yourself, then its like noises. I see someone in my house laughing at me. I see my cat wanting me to join her . I just want a bit of peace. I talk to them but they get louder and louder and shout abuse at me

doomsayers

doomsayers

What matters is you live to fight another day. Good that you are staying you have a story to tell and beyond that I think you can be a massive contributor. You are right, we do care. Anything you want to talk about, we are here to listen and anything you need help with, we are here to help.
Oh how i wish i hadnt survived right now

doomsayers

doomsayers

May I ask how long these voices have been talking to you and if it's not too personal how old are you?

I started hearing my voice a few days or maybe a week before my 36th birthday and I'm now 41 so I've been hearing this voice almost constantly for five years and four months.

When our life changes in such a drastic way we grieve for what we've lost.

One model of grief is the Kubler-Ross model, it states we all go through five stages. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance (DABDA for short). I've been through them all (maybe not in that particular order) and arrived at acceptance.

My voice however is still bouncing around between denial, anger, attempts at bargaining and depression.
Can i write to you please i dont want to be like this anymore

S

sylvfoud

hello, im still not sure how to use this, ive been hearing voices for over 2 years

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Wonderful to see you, Yemyem, i do hope today is a better day for you :hug:

You are a amazing person and deserve to feel better :hug1:

S

sylvfoud

i dont really, its a long story. but there is a way out for me. thats what they say anyway

S

sylvfoud

i found the more frustrated, angry, and inside yourself you are, the more they torture you. Their aim is to drive you mad and to push you into doing something good for yourself in a round about way. What are you struggling with or should i read over what youve already wrote. like i said, not sure how to use this

S

sylvfoud

is it just me or does everyone think they have a super power? i hear about 20 voices yes still classified as drug induced psychosis. weird

albagobragh

albagobragh

I hear my dads voice. Its like a few voices jumbled up but i hear kill yourself, hate, hurt yourself, then its like noises. I see someone in my house laughing at me. I see my cat wanting me to join her . I just want a bit of peace. I talk to them but they get louder and louder and shout abuse at me
Oh how i wish i hadnt survived right now
I know you've had contact with a MHT and I know they didn't listen to what you were saying, but did you tell them about the voices? It also sounds as if you are hallucinating, did you tell them about that too? Seems like you are going through an awful lot, just to be prescribed anti-depressants.

I'm truly glad you are still with us @Yemyem and I really do think there is a way forward for you.

S

sylvfoud

yemyem, are you doing something in your life thats holding you back or something you feel guilty about

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I talk to them but they get louder and louder and shout abuse at me
I can't make any promises about the effects that anti-psychotics may have on your voices but for me my voice is reduced to just a whisper after taking these and I can cope much easier.

It struggles to raise it's volume and couldn't shout at me even if it wanted to.

I think I've mentioned this before but I had to go to A&E and request these meds myself, it took a month or so before a mental health team came out to see me but once they did they were pretty quick in giving me a prescription. On September the 14th it will be five years that I've been on them.

S

sylvfoud

yemyem i know how you feel. have they ever been nice to you?