• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Voices tell the truth

T

Takingmybrain

The voices tell me they took away my children back in 2016 and i have do something to myself to protect them from the dirty truth.

The pappers from when i was sectioned in 2016 say i believed i had 2 children which were delusional beliefs and stem from that my father abuse made me pregnate and i mischaraged. It says i believed i had a 11 yr old son and the mischarage happened 11 years ago.

But the voice gavin in my head tells me they lied on the the pappers. The children were real and not delusions. They made me forget my children and took them away because what i tried to do to to protect them that was dangerous to myself and others. I remember the children now from before they sectioned me. I remember talking with them. They must be real. They must be out there.

How can i find them? Should i find them? Should i do what the voices wanted me to do to protect them from the dirty truth? How do i know?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Sounds like a very troubling situation. Is there any way you could ask friends or family about the children? Maybe there are pictures of them somewhere? It seems like if you had children somebody else would know.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
In my experience voices lie, mine had ways of giving me false memories via flashbacks.

Please don't harm yourself in any way, assuming that's what your voice wants you to do to yourself to "protect them from the dirty truth".

T

Takingmybrain

I spoke to a mh proffessional just now. She tells me theres no way they could take children off me like that and its my mind reacting to trauma.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Do you believe this professional and if so what does that tell you about your voices?

I believe voices are capable of putting thoughts and images into our minds, sometimes they're real 'flashbacks' of real events in our lives and sometimes they're pure fiction.

T

Takingmybrain

I dont honestly know what to believe right now. My heads do confused i cant think. Feels like my head could explode im so confused. I know i suffered truama yes but it was all my fault i was abused so why would my head trick me because it was my fault in the first place.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I don't believe any of it was your fault, the blame always falls on those who abuse us.

I've only ever been abused by my voice, he abused me is so many ways, physically (hard to believe but they can do physical abuse) and mentally, so I have a somewhat biased view on voices. I don't trust them one bit.