• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Voices,strange thoughts.

C

Chrissyangel

:)Hi I'm new to forum,glad I found it. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. I have been suffering with depression for a few months,my Gp sent me to mentle health nurse,I hardly explained to her about anything,she just said no you have not got depression,maybe a bit of anxiety what every one else has,she didn't seem concerned and i went away feeling very low. I am wondering if my Gp will refer me to someone else,but as yet I have not asked,I feel they are not very helpful at all. Now my main question is,and I did not even tell my doctor I felt ashamed well its that when I am talking to people i sometimes get this urge that I want to hit out at them,I am not a nasty person,and wonder why I think this way,its just thoughts that come in my mind,its not a voice telling me to do this,but I do have a talking session with myself as though I were someone else talking to me and I answer back. I also saw something that was not there a few weeks ago,it was in church at the peace sign catholic church,I saw the virgin Mary,it was so quick like a flash,I actually thought it was a statue,and I kept looking to see were this statue was,there was no statue at all any were,I still do believe I did really see Mary,but with some of my thoughts I have i am wondering if I have got something wrong with me if I am seeing things that are not there,anyone no if this could be scizophrenia? Thanks and nice to meet u all.Love Chrissy

S

schizzzoid

It sounds like you're really struggling and are rather frightened. You have done the right thing by going to your GP, it's a shame the Mental Health Nurse was so dismissive, they aren't all like that, sometimes the information we give them isn't fully understood (I say we as I've had an unsatisfactory experience with one, and many good experiences with others), which is not your fault, you aren't a mental health expert (and nor am I!) so, getting your message across can be difficult at the best of times, never mind when we are feeling like crap!

Go back to your GP, and try to tell him/her as much as you can about the way you feel/think, try to explain your past experience with the nurse - that you felt they were a little dismissive (it helps to try and be diplomatic!), and, maybe, ask to see a psychiatrist.

Try not to worry too much, you've already started on the first steps to try and sort yourself out, it can be a hard path but, don't give up. I've not been on this site for long, but, there are a lot of supportive people here, so keep posting, it's good to air this stuff, especially to people that may have some insight and can give you some feed back. I don't want to sound too spooky, but, remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
KittyCat92 Hearing voices or intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 16
C My experience with hearing voices & Pandemic. Mental Health Experiences 1
W Screaming voices Mental Health Experiences 2
hORIzonFINK210 voices becoming a victims to people that believe in connection. Mental Health Experiences 2
B Voices in his head Mental Health Experiences 24
hORIzonFINK210 voices want me to turn and let go Mental Health Experiences 2
D No voices this morning Mental Health Experiences 4
I When the voices talk back?? Mental Health Experiences 4
Em1999 Voices around friends.. Mental Health Experiences 1
M how to stop hearing voices Mental Health Experiences 1
J Hearing voices inside my head. Mental Health Experiences 9
B "Do you hear voices? Mental Health Experiences 1
S Hearing voices, Server anxiety and neglect of GP Mental Health Experiences 2
B What to do with the voices you hear, how to put it into a book Mental Health Experiences 1
S whats the craziest things voices did with you ? Mental Health Experiences 4
P Am I hearing Voices? (psychosis , schizophrenia) Mental Health Experiences 5
L My voices inside my head. Mental Health Experiences 13
E Screaming in my Head - Voices get Louder Until its Unbearable Mental Health Experiences 3
P What to do when you start hearing voices Mental Health Experiences 1
Zlic795 When did you begin hearing voices? Mental Health Experiences 1
J Help my voices control me Mental Health Experiences 3
P Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Inner voices? Mental Health Experiences 2
B Hearing voices? Mental Health Experiences 1
C Hearing voices was a very real experience Mental Health Experiences 3
W How do you beat the negative voices in your head? Mental Health Experiences 10
W Proof your voices are two bit thugs or psychos. Mental Health Experiences 3
N Did anyone else hear voices as a kid? Mental Health Experiences 7
The Big Dawg Could hearing voices be the dead taking to me? Mental Health Experiences 6
I Not sure if I am crazy voices? maybe? Mental Health Experiences 6
R voices and sex trafficking Mental Health Experiences 4
Starless Homicidal voices - to tell or not to tell? Mental Health Experiences 6
K my voices think they're real people. Mental Health Experiences 14
moyet hearing voices **trigger** Mental Health Experiences 14
killerbeeofbees Voices in my head Mental Health Experiences 3
NicoretteGummed Is Schizophrenia Confined To Just Voices And Or Hallucinations??? Mental Health Experiences 10
A exhaustion, voices, suicidal Mental Health Experiences 10
M Is there any cure for the hearing voices/psychosis? Mental Health Experiences 3
A Just accept it: The voices are real Mental Health Experiences 1
bert tomato Musical Voices... Mental Health Experiences 4
MeowlessCat I've been experiencing strange behaviour while listening to music. Mental Health Experiences 4
dontknowwhattodowithoutyou my strange habit - or addiction? Mental Health Experiences 7
C What I suspect is OCD... A strange form of it. Mental Health Experiences 3
Z strange reaction to Christmas Mental Health Experiences 2
elliepaige20 Strange state of mind Mental Health Experiences 1
T Mother had strange episode...what is it? Mental Health Experiences 4
J New poster with horrible strange symptoms (feeling drugged) Mental Health Experiences 2
P Wanting attention in strange circumstances Mental Health Experiences 2
dermild Dying Brother Called: Feels Strange Mental Health Experiences 10
S Strange undiagnosable things happening to me Mental Health Experiences 1
Beergardenweather Very strange experience Mental Health Experiences 3