• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices still talking to you awake and asleep.

M

MindHunter07

I am currently conducting a small experiment on how everyone seems to be experiencing their voices in there head along with the how is being processed ultimately according to each angle. I would like to hear your story and how you feel about the voices in your head. I figure it might be better to share experiences versus become reclusive about the situation. Maybe I might be able to get to the very core of the scenario we all face versus just separative conclusions science may easily produce from seeking difference in how mental health is performed. Maybe the phenomena might be more natural than previously intended. Though my confirmation bias may betray me.

I'll start off with my story just to give a example of what I am looking for.
I have been experiencing voices in my head since 2015. I have not messed with any kind of street drugs though I tend to drink on rare occasions and even then not heavy enough to cause trouble. I have seek psychiatric help later down in life. Though the medication haven't gotten rid of the voices I still struggle dealing with it. So I become curious as to how the voices are collectively behaving as a group versus becoming more influenced by the situation. I learned that a new voice is added every time I meet new people and hear there voices. I also learn that the voices tend to perform heavy surveillance on me. The voices have become increasingly adamant on not telling what they are here for along with honestly making a connection between what is honestly going on. They are only willing to share negative details anyways on how things are going versus revealing the whole situation of how everything is being processed. So I had to settle for simple deduction I had obtain before the scenario have become complex for no reason. It was a tiresome task I still try my best not to project anything too absurd though it's definitely a oppressive task along. I figure it was impossible to do along without other people who have this experience.

So I figure sharing my story would honestly open others to similar experience at the time though I think is simply synthetic telepathy, maybe opening under certain conditions I have not perceived before. Maybe people having similar might open my eyes to the other side unperceived by my other senses. So I open myself in hopes of not being called crazy completely most of the time. I swear there are others whom may have this type of power with me.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have a saying, What do you notice in the morning, Your voices or do they notice you.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
My voices started after having delusions and they have changed over the years. At first, there was a female voice repeating everything I thought. Example, say I thought "1,2,3", she would go "she said 1,2,3", which triggered more delusions (that my thoughts could be heard). Then they turned into the thought police. If i had a negative thought they would go "whats wrong with you? Thats out of order", if I had a positive thought, "aww, thats cute". And then and now, I hear voices and they are like a broken record. They repeat random phrases and questions over and over again.
I heard voices when in really loud environments or whenever feeling stressed/anxious.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My voices started after having delusions and they have changed over the years. At first, there was a female voice repeating everything I thought. Example, say I thought "1,2,3", she would go "she said 1,2,3", which triggered more delusions (that my thoughts could be heard). Then they turned into the thought police. If i had a negative thought they would go "whats wrong with you? Thats out of order", if I had a positive thought, "aww, thats cute". And then and now, I hear voices and they are like a broken record. They repeat random phrases and questions over and over again.
I heard voices when in really loud environments or whenever feeling stressed/anxious.
I've got this they use standard tactics, like baiting and switch, Trauma bonding forming then psychological blackmail. Good Cop bad cop. you can download a PDF on google it's all there.

wollie

wollie

I think I was an alcholic and smoked pot before my voices started, they both use a dialect I have never heard befor, they are constantly critisising what I say and do and they use laguage I never would, so I dont know where they came from.
The doctor thinks I damaged my brain through drinking and smoking to much but this does not explain where my voices came from.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think I was an alcholic and smoked pot before my voices started, they both use a dialect I have never heard befor, they are constantly critisising what I say and do and they use laguage I never would, so I dont know where they came from.
The doctor thinks I damaged my brain through drinking and smoking to much but this does not explain where my voices came from.
Sorry to be a little frank, this is not aimed at you, but think of it like this if drinking and pot caused this type of LSD 24/7 hallucinations most normal people after a weekend out, would be gang stalked on a Monday morning on their way to work.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I had my first one when I was 21 and then they became more frequent at 25. I had "pink clouds" experience after rehab and it completely ruined my life. Delusional thoughts then it progressed into hearing voices regularly. I wake up in the morning and walk on egg shells to try not to be noticed by the voices but it isn't long before they start in on me and then it is all day. They talk like they can hear my thoughts so even if I try to ignore them I can't. Because I think they can hear me I think messed up thoughts then feel bad for thinking them but I can't help it. The voices are just negative towards me and talk like I am trash to them. I want to claw out my brain most days. I am on disability which I sometimes feel guilty about having to do but I can't function like this. I only leave the house for psychiatry appointments and those are awful, I have severe social anxiety too and since I am afraid people can hear me and the voices are maybe from them it makes the social anxiety worse. The voices started off in my head and now they are all around me and sound like they are coming from people out in public. It's truly awful and I hope everyone here gets theirs worked out, I know how it feels.

M

MindHunter07

Duggie, I hate to admit, it but the voices notice me not the other way around.
Woolie, Maybe it's how the brain react towards the drugs you take constantly that may decide how the scenario it's played.
JustMe1982, Is been pretty rough how the voices tend to focus more on your negative qualities of life versus anything else at the time. I feel you should believe more in yourself than anything that voice may focus on. Is hard at first but given time you should be able to improve yourself.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Wait to you take the Paxil, and see what they say then.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had my first one when I was 21 and then they became more frequent at 25. I had "pink clouds" experience after rehab and it completely ruined my life. Delusional thoughts then it progressed into hearing voices regularly. I wake up in the morning and walk on egg shells to try not to be noticed by the voices but it isn't long before they start in on me and then it is all day. They talk like they can hear my thoughts so even if I try to ignore them I can't. Because I think they can hear me I think messed up thoughts then feel bad for thinking them but I can't help it. The voices are just negative towards me and talk like I am trash to them. I want to claw out my brain most days. I am on disability which I sometimes feel guilty about having to do but I can't function like this. I only leave the house for psychiatry appointments and those are awful, I have severe social anxiety too and since I am afraid people can hear me and the voices are maybe from them it makes the social anxiety worse. The voices started off in my head and now they are all around me and sound like they are coming from people out in public. It's truly awful and I hope everyone here gets theirs worked out, I know how it feels.
Hi There, these experiences are normal for voice hearers, try to stay calm, try not to be wound up or scared as it may make it worse, also the first step is to aim to give it the brush off, the best way your know-how. The more you don't feed into it the less it's going to traumatize you.
One more tip, the first bite or episode is usually the worst one, after that, it gets easier due to the frequency of the attacks as some times they are 24/7 sounds worse than it is, think of it like getting into a hot bath, after a while it turns cold.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Duggie, I hate to admit, it but the voices notice me not the other way around.
Woolie, Maybe it's how the brain react towards the drugs you take constantly that may decide how the scenario it's played.
JustMe1982, Is been pretty rough how the voices tend to focus more on your negative qualities of life versus anything else at the time. I feel you should believe more in yourself than anything that voice may focus on. Is hard at first but given time you should be able to improve yourself.
Hi There, now that you can see my point think of this, one how can a Brian disease have a very limited approach to attack us, Two they use negative NLP as a stimulus to trigger us.
Lat one have you folks ever here of RNM/Gang Stalking, and what do you think of the detailed explanation !

Y

Yoshi 663682

Me too mine talk negative all the time and comment on everything I do and my thoughts and responses relentlessly to my ocd they send me smells and imaginations my dad said I'm hallucinating but I know I'm not if people dont believe me then I dont care they cant understand these things that's how the voices are able to get away they are faint voices but probably devils who talk all day and night they get on my nerves I can even see evil faces no one would believe me can you please share more on your experience.

Y

Yoshi 663682

Hey have you ever heard of thoughtbroadcasting because people can read my mind can you tell me about how people act around u

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

Hey have you ever heard of thoughtbroadcasting because people can read my mind can you tell me about how people act around u
I have heard of thought broadcasting but dunno if I believe it or not. The voices sometimes sound like people I am around though. They act like nothing is going on.

Y

Yoshi 663682

Yea that's what they do they pretend it's not real especially if you ask them tell me do people cough around you when u think about women try going in public and thinking mesn things and see if you get a response then tell me because I am certainly a thought broadcaster