• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

voices return

P

phoenixx

i am now currently taking Abilify 25mg and 40mg citalopram hav been for 5 years now i have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia my voices haven't bothered me for 4 years but now they have suddenly returned im not sure why. is this happened to anyone else? i was begininig to think that the meds really do stop the voices its all so confusing i suffer from paranoid thoughts and anxiety my experiences did happen even though my pych doc tells me they weren't real i was delusional thinking and hallucinations the voices are bad they try to get me to do things that aren't good i haven't told my psch doc they are back or my family do you think they will just go away again?

C

Christobel

Sorry you are having such a bad time Phoenix. I am just writing to say that if it was me, I would always report any change in my symptoms. I'm not sure whether meds can 100 per cent knock out the voices but it would probably be best to keep your MH Team in the loop.

E

Eigau

So sorry the bad voices have returned phoenix. Are you under any extra stress or pressure lately? I've noticed that many peoples voices return under stressful conditions.

I have found too, that voices can adapt to medication, like they adjust to the dose and begin to grow in strength. So this would mean trying to minimize medication to a baseline dose rather than strong doses that become ineffective over time, that is just my opinion. I think definitely let your mental health team know as things may get out of control and when you really need the help they won't listen straight away.

In my opinion, the way forward is to find a way to live peacefully with the voices. I have achieved relative peace through effective dialogue with the voices. It is hard work but the benefits are, that the voices can be more supportive and helpful rather than hostile and critical.

Take care, Te

P

phoenixx

I am also having what I think are intrusive thoughts the other day I was out with my occupational therapist when I had a flashing image in my head that I had seriously hurt her and there was blood everywhere then it was gone and I was left with the thought of why and how I would never do such a thing then my voices started telling me to do it was terrible has this experience happened to anyone else I am to anxious to tell my ot this or my pcdoc what should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Volunteering - After return Home, intrusive thoughts - and heard voices, ouch! double ouch! Hearing Voices Forum 3
W First command voices Hearing Voices Forum 4
M Information regarding voices and entities Hearing Voices Forum 8
Turtle1980 Voices that are threatening me ... Hearing Voices Forum 12
E Hearing voices just before wake up Hearing Voices Forum 2
S Have started hearing voices again Hearing Voices Forum 5
M this song makes me wonder if more people hear voices than is admitted to Hearing Voices Forum 1
M To help prove voices Hearing Voices Forum 21
hORIzonFINK210 What type of voices u have? Hearing Voices Forum 9
hORIzonFINK210 out of all things/ voices Hearing Voices Forum 3
K My 10 year old is hearing voices Hearing Voices Forum 4
G Multiple voices Hearing Voices Forum 1
O hearing voices only when stressed, extremly anxious etc Hearing Voices Forum 3
W How to Deal With The Voices Interrupting Your Dream Sleep ? Hearing Voices Forum 1
P Will the voices consume my life completely? Hearing Voices Forum 3
I Hateful voices telling me to die right now. Hearing Voices Forum 20
B Is this hearing voices ? Hearing Voices Forum 4
N Heard Voices - temporarily/Sinusitus Hearing Voices Forum 6
L Unhelpfull voices Hearing Voices Forum 10
G Are you friends with the voices? Hearing Voices Forum 2
B Tensor Tympani ear control really annoys my voices... Hearing Voices Forum 0
S Picking Up The Thread - something my voices say they do Hearing Voices Forum 1
H Violent Voices - Do you have them? Hearing Voices Forum 5
Q Anyone voices ever went away permanently? Hearing Voices Forum 25
jojoe The voices are real!! Hearing Voices Forum 15
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING: discusses physical, sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse*** Is it possible that i hear voices because of traumatic experiences? Hearing Voices Forum 8
M Meth induced voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
hORIzonFINK210 Recovery is so crucial to cope/voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Voices Have Me Concerned Hearing Voices Forum 4
B Hearing creepy voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
L My Voices *trigger, briefly mentions SH* Hearing Voices Forum 10
nenexx Fear of HEARING voices Hearing Voices Forum 34
W Voices have gone too Chronic and Berserk Hearing Voices Forum 7
Bod Voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
telepathic_one Can you manipulate the voices? Hearing Voices Forum 14
I Voices are now mad at me Hearing Voices Forum 16
D WOMANS voices Hearing Voices Forum 12
I Audible voices, intrusive thoughts ruining my life Hearing Voices Forum 12
E Will you miss the voices if they were gone completely? Hearing Voices Forum 23
D Negative voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
mischief Engaging with Voices Videos Hearing Voices Forum 4
T E_90 Does this mean hearing voices? I would just like clarification Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Poor services for Hearing Voices Hearing Voices Forum 4
doomsayers Voices telling me to do bad stuff *Trigger Warning* Hearing Voices Forum 180
Emikin HELP ME PLS VOICES BACK AGAIN Hearing Voices Forum 25
Z Methodology of 'VOICES Hearing Voices Forum 6
Takingmybrain Funny voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
doomsayers Loud voices Hearing Voices Forum 13
telepathic_one Weekend Voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
Hello513 Do your voices have strange tendencies. Hearing Voices Forum 1