• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices of harm

J

Jcorsie

Hi everyone,

I've recently began to hear voices that ask me to do destructive things. For instance, I'll be writing music with a friend and am told to punch him in the face. Or I'll be outside smoking a cigarette and a random person will walk past and I'm told to stub the cigarette into his face. It's becoming increasingly frightening but I've never acted on the voice's request, yet.
I did a lot of cocaine in the past and also had a minor stroke last year. There is nothing wrong in my life. I have a wonderful family, excellent career and a beautiful life overall but I'm very concerned about what is happening to me. I've sought councilling and have my first appointment in 2 weeks. Has anyone any advice or have experienced similar issues?

Thank you for reading and look forward to hearing from you.

Johnny

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum :)

We have a Hearing Voices Forum here which might be some help for you.

We also have a Mod who is very good on these issues, hopefully he will be around soon.

Have a look round the forum I have pasted and I hope that someone who knows stuff will be along soon.

I sometimes hear voices, telling me to die but I only hear them when I am in a major depressive episode so can't really comment.

Marliee x

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Johnny

Welcome to the forum. It is a good place to find support and advice.

There can be different causes for hearing voices. You said that you had a minor stroke - it is probably not connected, but sometimes a stroke can cause voice hearing, so it might be worth checking out.

I would suggest you have a look at the Hearing Voices section, as Marlieebee suggests.

Counselling sounds like a good idea, I hope it proves helpful.

Best wishes, Sarah