• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices keeping me awake

wollie

wollie

They are nag nag nag, driving me nuts, I have had my sleeping drugs but im
awake and feel not sleepy now, what can I do to get some sleep.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I have had nights like that. My mind will just think responses while they are talking and they keep talking like I am talking to them on purpose. It's horrible. Can try counting to 100 maybe. Nothing really works for me when my voices are bad at night, I usually just end up going without sleep.

wollie

wollie

Mine are saying horrible things to me, they put me right down in the dumps, I have had them now for 12 years and still havent found a coping method, I have tried all kinds of drugs.
You know what the phyc doctor said to me when I was in hospital ( you will always have the voices these drugs just keep your mood up) what a wanker.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

Mine are saying horrible things to me, they put me right down in the dumps, I have had them now for 12 years and still havent found a coping method, I have tried all kinds of drugs.
You know what the phyc doctor said to me when I was in hospital ( you will always have the voices these drugs just keep your mood up) what a wanker.
Sorry to hear that. I have had mine for 10 years now. I am still trying to figure out coping methods that aren't bad for me too, drinking until I got a buzz would get me a little distracted from them but I can't really afford to drink every day and probably not a good idea anyways. The medications don't do anything for me but I definitely get my fill of bad side effects from them. Mine call me names a lot too and are just really mean.

vanish

vanish

Staff Member on Leave
I'm sorry your voices have been keeping you awake, wollie.
I am overtired at the moment due to similar circumstances. The best advice I can muster is listen to music on headphones in an attempt to drown out the voices. I have a playlist on Spotify especially for my voice hearing experiences when I am trying to sleep. It only works with limited success, but at least some sleep is better than none at all.
Sending you hugs. :hug:

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

My voice is a horrid little faggot , it’s now 2 & a half years of hearing anything from “ Absolutely “ in a sarcastic pantomime way when I have a negative thought to the thoroughly nasty & threatening “Handle it “ when Its trying to force itself on me to the “ Glow “ when it tweaks my body into a fearful state as it then tries to deceive me into listening to it , Yukk !

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

A mixture of Zolpidem & CBD & a couple of puffs just about takes me towards the 8 hours .

wollie

wollie

I'm sorry your voices have been keeping you awake, wollie.
I am overtired at the moment due to similar circumstances. The best advice I can muster is listen to music on headphones in an attempt to drown out the voices. I have a playlist on Spotify especially for my voice hearing experiences when I am trying to sleep. It only works with limited success, but at least some sleep is better than none at all.
Sending you hugs. :hug:
I have thunder storm on Alexa now and it is doing bugger all, Im all pent up like I could throw and smash things right now, the voices are trying to get me to raid the medicin cabinet,
Every one is asleep now so no one would know but I am resisting best i can.

GeordieTyne

GeordieTyne

No raiding the cabinet please! Keep resisting.

Linda1989

Linda1989

Last night i heard a voice call my name while i was trying to sleep. It didnt scare me because im use to it.

Catty5

Catty5

Hpw’s your voice? Did you have some sleep last night? Hope you’re doing ok today.

blog15

blog15

cloziral silences my night voices and puts me to sleep...