Voices come from within not without

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

For a long time I thought the ear's balance system, the vestibular was listening to voices from without that existed in space and the earth's gravity field. But I realized if voices came from outside a person through a sensory input like the vestibular, then myself and other's would be able to hear each other's voices, that is if you stood around someone hearing voices then you would be able to hear them too. Since this doesn't happen then it's probably likely that it happens from within the senses alone

burt tomato

burt tomato

my voices came out of my mouth back in 2012. it even happened when i was with my pdoc.

NWiddi

NWiddi

You're getting there. I've known for quite some time that voices come from within us and not some external force.

What are your voices like, who do them claim to be now?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

You're getting there. I've known for quite some time that voices come from within us and not some external force.

What are your voices like, who do them claim to be now?

I haven't heard from any voices for about 3 months now. I've been like this before though where even though I can't see myself tripping down the rabbit hole again, within a few months I need the hospital again.

NWiddi

NWiddi

That's great, no voices for three months. I could use a break like that from mine but it's been all day every day for over two and a half years.

Are you on any medication for them?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

That's great, no voices for three months. I could use a break like that from mine but it's been all day every day for over two and a half years.

Are you on any medication for them?
No I had a hospital stay three months ago and they haven't come back since which always happens when I leave the hospital. Have you pinpointed what caused your voices to start? mine keep coming back because of this conspiracy I on and off believe in.

O

OCDguy

Mine sound like they are coming from just outside of my left ear

NWiddi

NWiddi

No I had a hospital stay three months ago and they haven't come back since which always happens when I leave the hospital.
When mine first started it lasted around a fortnight then shut up as soon as I went into hospital and remained silent after for 3-4 months before coming back and never went away after that, I can't really pinpoint what the cause was, I guess he just learned that he could speak to me and was so bored and lonely he thought it was a good idea at the time.

Mine sound like they are coming from just outside of my left ear
Have you tried medication? Mine used to be able to talk in my ears until I medicated him and now he can only speak in my mind.

L

linus

You should try somethings about the delusions, they are root cause for most of the issues. Therapy, meds? What kind of conspiracy is getting to you? Can you get some insight in your illness to challenege these beliefs?

NWiddi

NWiddi

What sort of conspiracy is it? Can't tell much from the picture, looks like a nebula. Pretty though.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

What sort of conspiracy is it? Can't tell much from the picture, looks like a nebula. Pretty though.
It would tak a book to explain it all to you. That picture is just one piece of the puzzle. Its a nebula image of Les Claypool, that's who the bust is on the right.

S

sal_stewart

I also here voices from a distance but never pin point them, I was also on ziprasidone but had adverse effects, currently switching. Although I can rationalize they are part of my delusion it seems that at time I can't and create false memories and conversations.

I sympathize with what your saying and have often though something along similar lines. Mine come from a giant storm though a large tornado hurricane monster that devours all. Luckily its purpose is only one thing balance.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Is this conspiracy against you?
Yes actually it was meant to set me up to look like a perpetrated it but I caught on to it I thought. I 've been having massive hallucinations for the past two and a half years because of this.

NWiddi

NWiddi

My friend believes that humans have never been to space and all footage is fabricated, no satellites, no space ships and no moon landing. He also knows a lot about the flat Earth conspiracy yet claims to not believe it but one of his friends does.

I suppose there's no harm in most conspiracies as long as it doesn't consume you or prevent you from getting on with life.

What's the nature of your hallucinations?

L

linus

Yes actually it was meant to set me up to look like a perpetrated it but I caught on to it I thought. I 've been having massive hallucinations for the past two and a half years because of this.
From what I read and what I realised with my son’ situation it seems to be a direct relation between persecutory delusions and social anxiety. It’s like these emotions become “alive” in your mind as thoughts and then you start giving them complicated explanations weaving a scenario.

E

ernesto3

From what I read and what I realised with my son’ situation it seems to be a direct relation between persecutory delusions and social anxiety. It’s like these emotions become “alive” in your mind as thoughts and then you start giving them complicated explanations weaving a scenario.
Yeah I agree with this. I suffered from the exact same thing up until a week or two ago. Don’t believe anything the voices say. Who else would know how to create the perfect nightmare besides the voices within your mind, who know everything about you? They would also know how to cover any corners in order to make you believe it’s even more real.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

What's the nature of your hallucinations?
Watching people work together to take over the world by frightening them with evil acts. And more importantly I was working with angels of the bible and who made these pictures in the sky to defeat whatever it was I was hearing with mysical powers of evolution as ghosts in the universe where human evolution is as predictable as Les Claypool, what he looks like, and that he plays the bass.