• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

voices attacking me

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

the voices have been getting worse as the day as gone on, ive been able to ignore them during the day as ive been out with a friend but now im resting they are louder and overwhelming. im struggling to cope with them. Im trying to resist the urge to harm myself, they want me to harm others but right now im able to resist their commands.

L

Lady Summer Isles

the voices have been getting worse as the day as gone on, ive been able to ignore them during the day as ive been out with a friend but now im resting they are louder and overwhelming. im struggling to cope with them. Im trying to resist the urge to harm myself, they want me to harm others but right now im able to resist their commands.
Sorry you are having such a tough day. I've been the same today, prob been one of my worst ever days. Have you got any diazepam? I know it's not the answer but they do calm you a little even if they do not stop the voices. Can't really give you much advice other than distraction. One of the things I do sometimes is to write out what the voices are saying to me, it seems to appease them sometimes. Or wear headphones with loud music. Mine told me to harm my support worker today and I was frightened to let her in the house. It's the first time this has happened to me. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hugs:hug:

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

im going crazy, im a mess inside but on the outside i look and act normal, the voices are loud and commanding, hurt yourself, hurt others, do this do that, need to be strong and be there for others, i cant let the mask fall, im pretending im ok, i need to be ok. my head is going a million miles an hour, the room is breathing, im seeing shadow people.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Thanks trying to distract, trying to remain calm and "normal" inside its a mess, if i let that spill out then i'll end up in hospital and i dont want that.

?

>.<

I agree with Lady Summer Isle and that writing them down sometimes helps. Don't give in to them. Hard as it is, try to convince yourself that they're not there. What I do is tell myself over and over again "your not real...something in my head made you...so I have control, because I created you" Idk if that'll help but it works for me. Mine are usually pretty distant now and don't bother me much :) They still do sometimes, but its a lot better

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

have to kill myself, free the world on the evil that i am, i purge have to get the fat evilness out of me. told that if i die the world becomes a better place for everyone. screaming into my ears kill yourslef bitch..... struggling, fighting, holding on to nothingness, fading

?

>.<

That sounds horrible for you :( I used to get voices saying "kill yourself, or we'll do it for you, and we'll hurt everyone around you too" which was terrifying!

Maybe make a journal of when these are at their worst, and what your doing when they're happening, to see if there's a pattern or any triggers. PM me if you want, I'll be happy to try and help you.

Good Luck, you can beat this :flowers:

L

Lady Summer Isles

That sounds horrible for you :( I used to get voices saying "kill yourself, or we'll do it for you, and we'll hurt everyone around you too" which was terrifying!

Maybe make a journal of when these are at their worst, and what your doing when they're happening, to see if there's a pattern or any triggers. PM me if you want, I'll be happy to try and help you.

Good Luck, you can beat this :flowers:
Just make sure you don't say to anyone about the voices hurting anyone else. I've had my support worker taken away from me because a voice said this for the first time last friday and i was stupid enough to open my mouth. I'm not too much of a risk to have an str worker.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Sorry that was meant to read I'm now considered too much of a risk to have a support worker.

schiz01

schiz01

Try not to dwell on these things as it can make it worse.It is your subconscious mind playing tricks on you and the more you think about and engage with the voices the worse it can get.You may not be able to stop it but let these things come and go.As others have said try distracting yourself in some way ....weather that be writing, music,finding a quiet place in the woods to sit and watch the birds....If it gets out of hand you may have to ask for help and be sedated for a little while.....you don't have to go into detail ....just say your perception of reality is changing and you are having difficulty in managing it.

you may find this link useful

http://www.jungcircle.com/Schizophrenia.html