• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices at nite at bedtime

J

Jenk59

Every nite after settling in bed with a fan on the voices start, mostly several at once, last night only two males. Last night was as clear as if they were in the room. I had turned tv off and laid down and I thought the tv was back in, that clear. My wife right by my side hears nothing.

Z

Zoe1

have you tried sleeping with the tv on Jen ?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi Jenk59,

Are you short on sleep?

I get auditory hallucinations when I'm tired (not usually a voice hearer). Usually voices, doorbells or telephones. The voices blare out for a few seconds - like turning on a radio conversation and catching a snippet. When I'm extremely short on sleep, this is quite a common occurrence. The voices or sounds only last a few seconds though. x

J

Jenk59

Hi Jenk59,

Are you short on sleep?

I get auditory hallucinations when I'm tired (not usually a voice hearer). Usually voices, doorbells or telephones. The voices blare out for a few seconds - like turning on a radio conversation and catching a snippet. When I'm extremely short on sleep, this is quite a common occurrence. The voices or sounds only last a few seconds though. x

J

Jenk59

I feel as I do, I am retired and work a part time job going in at 10 am and shouldn't be tired but this is every night either music, a couple people or a group. I understand the words even to the music but never heard the songs.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they say a lot of people experiemce hallucinations when on the point of sleep or waking up i think they're called hypogonic hallucinations