• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

voices are telling me to humiliate myself and do crazy things

K

karl7

nothing is helping me......meds have little effect.....how do I get around voices commanding me to do things.....I want to ignore or reason with the voices to stop but nothing works

I am at the end of my tether

please help me

wollie

wollie

Hi Karl I am going through the same thing, the only suggestion I can give is keep busy, I cleaned my room from top to bottom and cleaned every thing in it, I know you need down time but may be you can take up a hobby, now I have nothing to do my voices are bad.
If there is some thing else to distract you, like going on a walk?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I am still occassionally told by the voices to do odd things but I now just ignore them. I've learned over the years that my voices have no power over me except vocally and nothing will happen if I don't do what they say. I've come a long way since the day I walked through my neighborhood at midnight yelling the Lord's Prayer at the top of my lungs. If I did everything the voices have told me to do over the years, I'd either be dead, in jail, or in a hospital right now instead of enjoying my morning cup of coffee sitting in my recliner.