Voices are pretty much here all the time.

S

sashasonya

I'm petrified of the things the voices are saying. I'm starting to believe them! I know I've talked about this before, but I thought a new person might speak up and have some aid. I'm not sure if I can leave the house knowing that they know everything about me and at least I am used to them here. I think they are real. I'm going to try to go to church and hope that if I confess my sins my soul will at least be a little bit saved. I am tormented. I have been for decades. How can I start over?

J

John Legion

Firstly calm yourself down. They are just harmless spirits. The sole purpose of these voices are to get you to believe in God. To start over you could keep the two most important commandments according to Jesus, and stay relaxed. You don't have to go to church and I have found the voices go the longer you practice a faith.

S

sanjay

I think that some voices are helpful and others are not. Could you tune in to positives, provided that they're healthy rather than the voices that distress you? Is church actually helpful? Or are you afraid of some aspects to do with religion??sometimes I prefer not going to church and just trying to have a bit of compassion for myself and for others. I don't think you have to go to church to be a Christian and that you definitely won't go to hell. I don't believe in 'a punishment at the end of life, what are your views?? Perhaps start over by being kinder to yourself. Are you having any treatment? Any medication for example? My medication helps to reduce the voices so that I can do things like read or go for a walk etc. Do you have any interests? Please let me know if you feel like it :)

S

sashasonya

These are so real! They seem to be coming from the neighbors houses. Is that physically possible? Through the windows?

S

sanjay

A couple of my voices are real. I didn't fully realise until recently. It's confusing though. I sometimes hear the neighbours talking but only certain words. The trouble is i keep thinking it's all about me. Most of the voices probably aren't real. Do you want to say what they're saying to you? You can probably hear neighbours talking in their homes but I doubt you can hear much of what they are actually saying. The problem seems to be that you or me hear one of two words that seem to be to do with us and then our brains automatically fill in the rest. If you're thinking negatively it will all be negative I'm afraid.

S

sashasonya

These are so real! They are like detectives watching me and commenting. They are telling me I’m going to jail. They must be in a house?

S

sanjay

Why would detectives be watching you? You know you hear voices. This doesn't sound real. Can you see this from a different angle to get some perspective? How horrible for you.

S

sashasonya

This is absolutely horrible. I cannot stop hearing it because it is so real. They are telling me all about what I've done. I know it's unbelievable, but it is so real. I really don't know what I need to make it go away or whatever, which I don't think is possible. I'm in shock.

S

sanjay

Do you have any medicine you can take to try and call it down? If you can't tell someone, write it down and you can always tear it up later. Is there a late night Gp you can go and see? What would you say to a friend if it was happening to them?

S

sashasonya

Do you have any medicine you can take to try and call it down? If you can't tell someone, write it down and you can always tear it up later. Is there a late night Gp you can go and see? What would you say to a friend if it was happening to them?
Thank you. I guess if it were happening to a friend, I wouldn’t believe them. I have no advice.

S

sanjay

I hope you feel better soon. It will get better. Good night. XXxX