• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Voices and urges to self harm

K

Katie_jones_20

I'm really struggling with voices telling me to kill myself or seriously injure myself and urges to self harm seeing items I could self harm with everywhere I go! I'm due to be discharged from hospital at the begining of March but I don't think I'll cope in the community Help

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hi Katie,

I experience voices 24/7 they are bad and expect me to harm myself or kill myself - they goad me everyday.

I have to try to say no, its not always working. I have to self harm sometimes, but the point is I'm still here. We have to figure out ways to cope with the voices/tell them you are not listening. They are not speaking the truth.

Are you on any medication to help with the voices?

KS

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Do the staff know how bad you're feeling and that these voices are tormenting you?
I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this - it must be very upsetting and stressful. :hug1:

P

Purple butterfly

I'm sorry you are struggling I hope it gets better for you x x

K

Katie_jones_20

Yes the staff no they have increased my respiridone to 4 mg a day they torment me, singing and demanding that I self harm or kill myself it's so hard I really don't no how I will cope in the community

B

balancekeeper

I understand how you feel, ive also suffering cos of voices. Hold on in there and it should get easier, just dont let them get to you

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I understand your anxiety about going into the community - I was in hospital 5 years ago and had huge anxiety about going it alone. 5 years on I'm still here, still struggling but here all the same and I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping up a normal life!
Voices are awful, I fully appreciate and emphasise with you it's tough. Hopefully the increase in your meds will help x
Sending you hugs xxx

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Hearing voices?? diagnosed EUPD Personality Disorders Forum 5
J 9yr old says he hears voices Personality Disorders Forum 4
F A brief dalliance with voices? Personality Disorders Forum 1
S Strong psychotic thoughts and urges **TRIGGER WARNING - thoughts about violence described** Personality Disorders Forum 2
H Eupd struggling with suicidal urges Personality Disorders Forum 1
M I need help dealing with someone with low self esteem Personality Disorders Forum 2
Y Self help Personality Disorders Forum 1
bluestar ocean Never diagnosed with any personality disorder though recently self sabotage my happiness Personality Disorders Forum 2
D Self awareness/insight... Personality Disorders Forum 2
S Avoidant personality with dependence, anxiety and low self esteem Personality Disorders Forum 1
1 self-help ideas? Personality Disorders Forum 5
T 10 years self harm free broken Personality Disorders Forum 6
1 Help with CMHT and self discharge Personality Disorders Forum 5
J Excessively talking to ones self? Personality Disorders Forum 9
W Emotional disconnection/intensity and self harm Personality Disorders Forum 1
D Self destructive behaviour Personality Disorders Forum 3
E Self Harm and Personality Disorder Assessment Personality Disorders Forum 4
B Lack of self esteem and jealousy ruining me Personality Disorders Forum 5
Q I have no sense of self Personality Disorders Forum 19
B How To Stop Self-Sabotage? Personality Disorders Forum 7
S I'm 95% sure I've self identified as a narccissit, but lack some key traits, which has led me to believe I may be histrionic instead. What now? Personality Disorders Forum 5
A Tattoos a way of self harm? Personality Disorders Forum 8
T Self discharge from CMHT Personality Disorders Forum 5
V I feel like I'm falling and don't know what to do. *Possible Self harm TRIGGER* Personality Disorders Forum 4
X Self help? Personality Disorders Forum 3
F The rise of self consciousness Personality Disorders Forum 1
F Self obsessed Personality Disorders Forum 2
NicoretteGummed Impending Rediagnosis Of PD Terror And Thoughts Of Self-Harm Personality Disorders Forum 13
M Care to help? Flirting a lot - high and low self esteem - Personality Disorders Forum 7
Y Can self-awareness be learned? Personality Disorders Forum 6
A self-defeating personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
M Self loathing fool Personality Disorders Forum 13