• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

voices and therapy

M

Madeleine95

Hi, I have been going to therapy 2 days a week for a few months now. The last couple of weeks I have focused on my voices and they have been a hell of a lot more negative since speaking about them. Almost bullying me because I am confronting them? Can anyone else relate?
Cheers, Madeleine

V

Viktoria

I can relate. My voice told me to hurt myself if I talked about her. It was really hard and caused me to speak mostly positive of her or else there'd be consequences. I don't really know what to do about it. If you're strong enough try to stand up to them.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Yep, when I went to a hearing voices group and talked about the voices, they got worse for awhile.Thankfully they taught me some methods to deal with the voices that helped a bit.

Kerome

Kerome

I always found it difficult talking to my voices... It was a kind of instinctive thing, as if talking about them would change them, and change was bad.

Have a look at the sticky threads for coping mechanisms, maybe some of that will help.

M

Madeleine95

Thank you everyone for your replies. It really helps to know I'm not the only one feeling this!

And Dan I was in DBT last week and they said a new coping strategy is to put your head in a sink/bucket of water so your theory may be right

Kerome

Kerome

Dan Raleigh said:
Thanks for your reply Madeleine, I really like to see what happens when your head is completely underwater while you/others seeing this visual hallucinations and hearing these voices. So I will wait to hear your actual results when you get a chance to see this.

Thanks
Dan
I actually tried this on a number of occasions in a bath. I always found it very relaxing, and the first few times it had a definite effect of quieting the voices, but later on there were also occasions where the voices would continue. So I guess as a coping strategy it is worth trying, but your mileage may vary.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I have heard voices whilst swimming...

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Dan Raleigh said:
Thanks for the reply brat, was your head completely underwater by that time? and were there any noticeable difference to the sound of the voice while you are underwater compare to above water?
Really - I don't buy into this idea of microwaves attacking people.

I think it is simply this strange brain disorder.

It was a few years back, when I swim my head is partially underwater.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Dan Raleigh said:
Hi Brat, I'm not saying it's microwaves itself but yea that's a possible technology to do this and there could be some other types of waves as well. By the way I like to hear from you all after testing this not partially covering but completely.
Can you tell me simply in a concise way what you believe it is?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Dan Raleigh said:
Hi Brat, In my opinion, this must be a military technology use for ultimate spying on people and it's seems to be not in the public domain. That's why even medical community can't find answers yet. Below is what voices itself is saying about their work. The question is, how come these voices know about quantum computers?
""
The voices constantly told me they were never leaving, and that I'd have to learn to deal with it. They told me that our entire society is inside of a quantum computer, and that we are all just lab rats, being studied by their people. In particular, they told me that I was being "stress tested" to see how stress affected my memory. The voices constantly asked me questions about my memory and asked what medications I was taking, whenever I took pills. I could hear these voices clear as day, as if through a radio of some kind. On a few occasions, I actually saw people that correlated with the voices, faint visual hallucinations. Mind you, prior to all of this, I led a fairly normal life with no history of psychosis or mental disorders, except mild PTSD and ADD.""
Okay. I do not believe that it is possible. I would say that a heady mix of paranoid delusions and voices can create some very powerful experiences.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Dan Raleigh said:
My opinion is Brat since they are saying they use quantum computers, then these VOICES must be running huge data centers as well to store all these information and they are using the most advanced technology as well just like Robert Duncan ( in brain invaders video) saying. All the evidence will also say that they can do mind reading(scanning and decoding) and induce electrical activities to any part of the brain to alter our perception. As what we hear, see , smell etc.. are all perceptions based on electrical activities inside the brain...
Science fiction...

What are they looking for?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I do not know. If I am honest. I don't know? Maybe there are some technologies as you describe.

I used to believe it, but I ended up torturing myself over it. The voices alone are enough to deal with, let alone a sinister organization. I prefer to take a more passive approach - being kinder to myself, resting, removing from stress, enjoying my free time.

They say time heals all, so that is the best I have got.