• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Voices and Respiridone

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

Hi All
I am just wondering if anyone on here has had much luck with Respiridone (Risperdal Consta) and it decreasing or 'removing' voices from a persons head (if it's possible).

I am currently on Respiridone and have been for over 6 months but it doesnt seem to be helping all that much, and they have just upped my dosage so I want to see if it has helped anyone with voices?

~minnie~

~minnie~

Risperidone consta helped me and I was on 25mg to start with and then increased to 37.5mg as 25mg wasn't having any effect on me. What dose have they put you on? It did help me with the voices but I have been switched to Depixol injections as I didn't want the Risperidone consta anymore as I didn't turn up for the injections hence why I ended up in hospital on a section and put on Depixol injections.
If I had it my way I would like to be put back on Risperidone Consta.

I hope the increase for you will take your voices away for you.

hugs

R

rabina

Hi All
I am just wondering if anyone on here has had much luck with Respiridone (Risperdal Consta) and it decreasing or 'removing' voices from a persons head (if it's possible).

I am currently on Respiridone and have been for over 6 months but it doesnt seem to be helping all that much, and they have just upped my dosage so I want to see if it has helped anyone with voices?
Hi Raven,
How are you doing; well I hope.
I have always believed I knew the source of the voice(s) I heard and hear now and yet I still did try some anti-psyhcotics just to
see if there would be any change with the voices and there was absolutely no change whatsoever. The voices did not go away.
The voices remained Raven; nothing improved for me on risperidone tablets and at the lowest dose too.
The voices remained on the other anti-psychotics I tried also.
When I recorded the voice and 2 others heard the voice I said to myself, why in God's name am I taking a medication to rid a voice that is "real" ? This is based on my experience ofcourse.
I only took the risperidone one time and when I saw what it did to my brain and mind and body I said; never again will I do that to myself.
I was also worried about the possible irreversible side affects of these medications.
My brain was no longer mine when on risperidone. It was locked and deadened and disoriented and I was unable to think and function as I was used to.
I thought I would rather learn to deal with the voice(s) as uncomfortable and hard as that can be, but that was my decision ofcourse.
If the medication does work for you or reduce the voices then perhaps you should continue on with them, but do learn about all medications you take and the possible side effects.
For many, medications do not take the voices away and then I also hear that meds have reduced or helped with the voices.
May I suggest that you write down your most bothersome symptoms caused by the voices such as anxiety, depression or fear just for example and then discuss with your doctor in treating these symptoms with other types of meds perhaps if the anti-psychotics do not take the voices away.
You have to do what is right for you Raven and it is a learning experience.
I wish you all the best and rememeber always believe in yourself Ravenbanner.
rabina

S

scrappy

Have you ever tried any other antipsychotics? I tried Respiridone tablets for 2 months and to cut a long story short they didn't help at all - the biggest problem I experienced was feeling drunk all the time and it also seriously disrupted my sleep. I'm now on Clozaril and doing much better. If Respiridone isn't working for you press your doctor for more help - either switching meds or more psychology,

Best wishes

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

thanks all for the great responses, this forum really is helping me, before I thought I really was alone with my voices.

E

EeyoreGirlUk

Im on Respiridone at the moment...

I wouldnt say they take away my voice at all.

It just sometimes makes them a little quieter and not so loud... but it doesnt really change anything for me as there still hard to cope with...

:eek:(

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

Yeah I'm getting the same effect Suicidalgirl, voices are a little quieter... thanks for the response :)

Angels

Angels

i was put on it today. they are the first meds i have ever taken. has anyone else had a really numb feeling throughout their head and neck after taking it? also i feel really dizzy ;( i dont know if they will help me

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

Hi Angels Respiridone takes a few weeks to settle down in your system, you will probably stay feeling a bit strange for a while until your body gets used to it, just a part of the medication process unfortunately. I was scared too at first with taking it but it does get better though...

A

Arctic

Hi ! I was just reading this thread and I thought I'd add a couple words from my own experience . I've taken Risperidone a few times . The first time it completely stopped ALL the voices I was experiencing - total success . The second time it worked briefly then sort of faded out . This time it's quieting and dampening them also they're impact but I've already months ago asked for it to be increased to get the voices to stop totally again - it was increased but it didn't do very much - so I've asked if it could be increased a bit more . I'm not having any side effects so seems like a good idea ! It was only increased once so far . I'm just waiting for that - and I'm hopeful - this medication has really helped me in the past to be out of harm's way you might say and living well . I hope that's encouraging news to others BUT one last thing - I'm hoping they haven't changed the make-up of Respiridone or something where now it works less . Does anybody think that might be what's going on here ? Because I can get on a different medication but I kind of assume it's the same good Respiridone . Or maybe it works it's best when you first take it - so if this is your first time - good luck !!!

sallyG

sallyG

im on risperidal consta injections..(50mg)...i was on 37.5 but it wasnt really helping so was increased to 50mg..and im now finding the voices are much quieter...if barely there at all.i dont feel drunk on it...infact i havent had any side effects except weight gain and production of breast milk..though thats minimal.
hope you have settled with your injections.

XSamX

XSamX

I have just been put on Respiridone so far it has quiet the voices down and so far i have had no side effects

T

Tom50Life

Risperdone works

Hi All

Risperdone has worked for me quite well. 2 mg daily. Not all the way however.

Niniane

Niniane

Respiridone never really worked for me. Doctors always had to increase the dosage if they didn't want the voices to come back 2 months after.

5spikes

Hi everyone , I have tried nearly every antphyc going and am winding down from 700mg quintiapine and am due to start aripiprazole 15ml I'll let ya know how it goes the voice seeing I only have one comanding one , if anyone is on it or has tried it please let me know , Jamie 5spikes also link voices and self harm ciao xx