Voices/alters forcing me to lose weight.

C

Charliedragonfly

Hey
My voices/alters tell me that my original personality will be deleted if I don't do what they say (right now they're forcing me to lose weight for them until I am hospitalised). I'm going to "die" whether I follow their rules or not, I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

It's also worth noting that I'm speaking to my doctor about this issue on Tuesday (who already knows about my eating issues)

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
You don't have to do anything the voices tell you to do, I believe from my own experience that they can't hurt you or kill you.

If they could I'd have been dead a long time ago or my personality deleted, my voice loves the idea of that but he can't what a pity lol.

C

Charliedragonfly

You don't have to do anything the voices tell you to do, I believe from my own experience that they can't hurt you or kill you.

If they could I'd have been dead a long time ago or my personality deleted, my voice loves the idea of that but he can't what a pity lol.
Thank you so much

OCDguy

OCDguy

Deleting your personality? Isn't that impossible? No one can stop you being the person that you are, only your good self :)

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi Charlie.Have you been diagnosed with a dissociative disorder?

C

Charliedragonfly

Hi Charlie.Have you been diagnosed with a dissociative disorder?
I haven't, although I suspect I probably do have one. I am pretty sure I experience something like DID but without the amnesia/blackouts. I might know more by the end of tomorrow, once I've spoken to my doctor.

C

Charliedragonfly

Deleting your personality? Isn't that impossible? No one can stop you being the person that you are, only your good self :)
Thank you. I don't know if it's impossible or not but I don't want to risk it! :(

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I haven't, although I suspect I probably do have one. I am pretty sure I experience something like DID but without the amnesia/blackouts. I might know more by the end of tomorrow, once I've spoken to my doctor.
How did it go when you spoke to your doctor @Charliedragonfly ?

C

Charliedragonfly

How did it go when you spoke to your doctor @Charliedragonfly ?
It went okay thank you. I'm being referred to professionals for the ED and he said to definitely tell them about it too. I will see them at the end of August and we'll see what happens from there. He doesn't know enough about the subject to feel confident offering me advice, which is to be expected aha. I only managed to tell him that there were other people inside my head. I would have told him that they take control of me sometimes but I'm blessed with social anxiety haha. I guess I'll just see how it goes from here, thank you :)

Heidrun

Heidrun

It went okay thank you. I'm being referred to professionals for the ED and he said to definitely tell them about it too. I will see them at the end of August and we'll see what happens from there. He doesn't know enough about the subject to feel confident offering me advice, which is to be expected aha. I only managed to tell him that there were other people inside my head. I would have told him that they take control of me sometimes but I'm blessed with social anxiety haha. I guess I'll just see how it goes from here, thank you :)
Good luck :) :hug: