Voice of God verses voice of schizophrenia

S

sikatriz

It seems like people here are generally against the voices. You all think the voices can only lead to harming yourself or others. I feel like I am growing when I admit the voices are real and listen to what they have to say. whosebob seems to argue that we are all one, but does not include the voices. He also argues that the voices' only intent is to confuse you about your religion. I, instead, believe that the voices want to influence your religion and help you grow in your spirituality. They are like Mormon missionaries or Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on your door looking to have a chat about religion. Now, some people are lukewarm or even hostile towards such people. Sort of like people on here are hostile towards the voices. The voice are a part of who you are.

I appreciate Kerome's reply where he describes how he questioned the origins of the voices. I am looking for a negative emotion such as jealousy in Kerome's case that could be what prompted the voices. I personally think it was loneliness. I was anti-social in high school and my brain just got lonely and wanted to talk to people so it created these voices. This is my theory. But I haven't had a recovery experience like Kerome's that supports this theory.

Kerome

Kerome

You have to understand sikatriz that these voices are related to different energies within your subtle body, not all of them have your best interests at heart. Some of them are obviously negative and unhelpful, like shouting voices or command voices, and others are representative of more subtle negative impulses. Others are not negative, but still disturb your natural peace. Eigau for example sings with his voices, which I think is really beautiful.

I think that voices are an experience that leads you into a spiritual path by their very nature. Once you have voices you start asking, "what are they?" And that leads to "what am I?" It is a start to a very spiritual quest. Many people get stuck with answers their mind creates for them, like they are telepathy. A very few get initiated into shamanic practice or some other framework. And yet others start a journey of discovery through the realms of spiritual lore.

But I do think voices can be corrupted by wear and tear with the normal world, they can turn negative, and even if you think you are in a good place with respect to your voices it is best to keep trying to teach them about love and the value of things like innocence.

S

sikatriz

Some of them are obviously negative and unhelpful, like shouting voices or command voices
When I get voices that command me to do stuff I wonder why they think they are entitled to the prerogative of shouting commands at me. Do they feel they are superior to me in the spiritual food chain? Do they think I won't listen otherwise? But I still wonder what it is they are trying to teach me. Of course, I question their motives. Ultimately, ALL beings are selfish -- including us. And as you said some of these energies don't have your best interests at heart. But just as a Jehovah's Witness isn't ultimately going to change my religion just because I let them in my door and have a chat with them a voice in my head isn't ultimately going to change my outlook on life just because I acknowledge them. Now, I know what you're thinking. Someone who humbly knocks on your door isn't the same as a voice in your head masquerading as God and shouting commands at you. But you have to ask yourself. Who has done that in your life? My dad has shouted commands at me. Do the voices see themselves as my father? A teacher in school would yell at me during detention. Do the voices see themselves as a teacher and me as a student who has gotten in trouble? Don't assume that even the most evil-seeming voices are pure evil. That's all I'm trying to say.

E

Eigau

I think voices can have great potential. With deep respect and compassion they can be great assets. Its not an easy road to get to that point but like Kerome said, there are some aspects that can make the experience feel more meaningful. I do enjoy it when they get a song going. Sometimes it's their version of a popular song or sometimes it's something original. I also enjoy their sense of humour. I'm the type to laugh while watching a moment in a film where the baddie is suddenly killed before they finish their evil monologue. Or when Jack sinks in the movie Titanic, I'm the one laughing in the crowd as a couple of bubbles come out of his nose. So the voices can have a somewhat disturbing humour as well where you're not quite sure if they mean it or not and if anyone else heard it they might have a half giggle while cringing. They would generally drop these bombs at the most awkward of times too, like at a funeral or some other serious occasion.

They have made me confront parts of myself that I have always tried to keep in their place or sometimes hold down. I'm still a long way from accepting all my "selves" but it has really been unlike any other experience ever, so I try to appreciate it and draw as much learning from it as possible.

K

Kaexoxo3

So does anyone actually hear voices that say they are God or say that you cant come to God?

Last edited:
D

Default12259

Sure, you are very welcome. One instance of this was that one of my voices, a very energetic being that seemed to glow in the picture that I had of him in my minds eye, once revealed to me that the others had all taken a vow, that when asked they had to tell the "whole story" of their existence. Later on, a different voice encouraged me to ask them all this question, "tell me your story, and begin at the beginning." So I did that, and I found that the beginning of each voices existence was a form of emotional pain. For example, three of them were made to feel jealous by me.

After each voice had told me its origin, it dissolved and went away, and since then rather than complete voices I have only heard occasional very short fragments. This was around the end of June last year, it was one of the more recent attempts.

There have been other cases where a voice has tried to help me by reducing my sensitivity or tried to fix my ears. Most of it is detailed in my Sticky Voices thread.
I've only just come across this thread and just wanted to say that I've found the conversation interesting and Kerome, your helpful explanation seems very insightful. Not sure I'm writing this very well as only just woke up but I'm wondering if taking your approach might help dissolve a particular voice I have been hearing, which I seem to be able to have a telepathic conversation with.

dermild

dermild

I've read stories about people who declare that "god" told them to put their baby in the oven or microwave, or other horrific things.

Unfortunately, there are two topics wrapped into this one issue, and they need to be separated. Specifically, the supernatural must be removed from the psychological.

I know lots of people believe in a god of some kind, mostly the ones that are commercially-available for purchase worldwide. These are usually the ones that make you more socially-acceptable. In some cultures, belief is essential if you expect to be considered a human being.

So if the voice is from a "god," even if it's the god who people believe is named "god" [Yahweh], then we'll first have to have proof that this god exists, and that it is actually talking to people.

When you hear this voice, do you ask it for proof of its self-declared identity? To take this to the next level, does anyone even know what this "god" sounds like? Does the Devil [the complementary fictional character] do a great impression of this god? Or is that not necessary, because nobody knows, so no effort is required? The path downward on this can get ridiculous.

Most people who say this god is talking to them either have mental health issues, OR they're claiming this in an attempt to have credibility with those who are so easily parted from their money, such as TV evangelists.

Since no god of any culture has ever been factually proven to exist, I think that part of the issue should be dismissed, with the focus being placed upon the voice itself. After all, even if there is a god, we have no way of verifying that this is indeed the voice of that specific god, let alone that it's the voice of ANY gods who may or may not be known.

I think that being compliant with your meds so that you do not have voices is a very good idea. The alternative is trusting this voice to not compel you to do something horrific. Because if you do something horrible, hearing voices is not a defense. You can't blame the voice. The blame will be left in your lap, and you'll have to do additional mental gymnastics so that you can sleep at night as you think about what you've done.

Take care of yourself first.

R

Rebeca1

I believe we live in an illegal vision and a lot of schizophrenics hear voices of ghost 👻 survivors or big spirit that owns this house /earth/illegal vision.
I believe there is a spirit lead universal government out in space 🚀 somewhere.
I hear voices and have visions no medication is going to work on me .
I wish earth government would look into schizophrenia to see what we have in common.

S

Super_cobra90

My voices tell me I'm Jesus to wind me up, to try to make me think I'm Jesus because it amuses them for me to be delusional about being a genius or god. Dicks.

I joke with them that I'm going to help mankind, the hungry and the destitute.

Like sort out Africa. Then North Korea, then Climate Change.

Last edited:
L

lowinmood

Buddhists believe that we all have the spirit of messiah in us, Christians believe that if they believe in the messiah, his holy spirit us inside us too (I've heard Christians say stuff like 'I was filled with the holy spirit')

So perhaps, in your subconsciousness, there is a need to follow the messiah's footsteps, such as helping others, I'm not saying that is your destiny, but it might be one of your desires that is suppressed. Maybe if you fulfil one of these desires, volunteering for a charity perhaps, I wonder if your voice would go away a bit and stop mocking you.

S

Super_cobra90

"It’s radio frequency’s, from the bio medical chip in your head. It’s considered a “delusion” to think your brainchipped. However, there are people trying to enact legislation, to brainchip mental health patients, and alter their mind with frequency’s. It’s what’s causing the voices in the first place. The book A New Breed: Satalite Terrorism In America by Dr. John Hall, explains the Technology. “The Illuminati Formula To Create A Totally Undetectable Mind Control Slave.” By Fritz explains monarch programming and goes over the technology a little bit. Some people being harrassed with the technology really have Structured Multiple Personality Disorder and don’t know it. Thousands of years ago, prior to all the technology involved, voices were caused by people who practice satanism. Structured MPD stems from ancient Egyptian practices that involves demonology. “The Egyptian book of the dead” or “Egyptian Gnostics.” The Nazis were expanding research into mind control, usin g occult practices and torture techniques from around the world. Nazi scientists then came to America (operation paperclip) and shared there research. This is when the CIA was created. Then came Mk-Ultra, operation artichoke, operation midnight climaxe ect (the list goes on). They very much achieved their goal, of having the ability to control people outside their awareness, causing them to have zero recollection of being used for things like drug trafficking, sexual exploitation, murder,satanic rituals etc.... That was 70 years ago. Now the Freemasons, ex vets, all the intelligence agency’s, small satanist groups, Elite satanist groups, The KKK, mafia, and more, all have knowledge of this phenomena. It is wide spread and done on varying degrees. This gets swept under the rug by the phyciatric association, and police departments. Now anyone with knowledge of radio broadcasting equipment, can tap into your head like a radio station ***************
"

Really interesting post. Now, rightly or wrongly, I base my logic on all my delusions that this is the case. Although this description is a good deal more fleshed out, I Always connected the idea that it was the state, but I presumed they thought I was a potential rapist. But fundamentally, I base my perception of my voices That they are real people, employed to antagonise.

From here, I base all my decisions on the binary logic of the consequence. Of every moment, instinct and thought.

What I can say is, if the agenda was control. I wouldn't be much use.

S

Super_cobra90

One question though. Hypothetically, the practical situation, you hear voices, over time you become used to them to some degree.

But as an intellectual exercise. As a practical problem.

You presume that an unknown force is doing this to you. But there is no tangible proof. What course of action would you take with this as the practical context.

You will probably have cried wolf a million times, just like I have. Nobody believes a thing.

Hypothetically, this situation is real, what would you choose to do with your existence?

Ironically, I've found that googling conspiracies leads to obsession. Emotion, anger. And zero help. Personally.