• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voice hearing - auditory hallucinations

W

WDR98

For those who hear voices who do you think they belong to and how many do you hear? One that I hear told me that they were dead people. I've herd about five different ones and turned around, looked behind me and there's been no one anywhere near me. They generally sound like decent people and say some quite useful things. I distinctly hear an old man's voice and a quite timid women's voice and apart from one they are quite pleasant to listen to. One in particular has got me into trouble and can be persecutory a little but I have definitely made mine allies although their quite persistent and I hear them all the time and even indulge them somewhat. Someone said to me that it's a gift but I'm unsure whether to be that positive about it. How is voice hearing for other people?

EdEd

EdEd

It depends on what day it is , and what the voices are talking about. Not all voice hearing is a negative experience. Mine dont really bother me to much these days either.

EdEd

EdEd

If you get along with your voices that's great to hear. Some people are able to get along with their voices.

Zero One

Zero One

I have voices but they are not audible to the ear, they used to present as characters/ people I've seen or known--I hated some and loved some, but there was always some issue, now it is just programming from the mind control software and it has a definite character in tone but I don't pay attention to differences in voice as if they are for different people...it is all just the mind control software.

S

Speechless

Hi there zero one, I hear mainly male voices and one voice I used to listen to but is the personna of a music artist - and the voice is sometimes high and low whispering and hypnotic manipulative of my emotions and I dread thinking of them and the guilt surrounded by misconceptions of there message to the world through there music. It's delisional but I only started hearing them 6 months ago...theres no love just abuse and like laughing at my expense even trying to make me feel bad for my 'actions during psychosis' and that I will be punished kidnapped etc. They even said along time ago I should have read the Bible and it's to late for me.
wondering what you are referring to when. You mentioned - programming from the mind software?

Hope this is okay to share

S

Speechless

Mine is an obnoxious female who repeats questions over and over, and says rude things too. I hear her right in my ear.
Hi, I had 'why' repeat when I tried to block out voices by listening to white noise and white noise to block out 'bird sounds which are like words, 'you think you didn't but you did' so I hated hearing birds from morning to night do I put myself in hodpital
They makd me feel they control and manipulate everything I listen too online, like a sound manipulation

I have voices repeating especially when I feel hope or belonging and happeniess towards future they say where never going to let you in, that 'in' is when I found peace from enjoyable comforts like music(which now I dread in supermarkets etc psychically ' attack or make fun of me and just the feeling of being free to go places- but it's a blessing disguise because I had to stop stimulating my senses when Ur watch to much tv or listen to too much music you can be very seperated from people and the world around you.
They want me to believe i deserve to be locked up and call me a rat.
This was not a conscious word to define me it came up with it themself

Can I ask what questions they are?
I don't get many questions just rhetorical and there opinion.
✌

N

natalie

I had been su ffering of a voice hallucination - today.

My father was out on his errans, I knew we met, upon my way back.

Then within home, and I was listening to Bernadette Peters, a ledgend musical songstress, and all of the suddenI felt I heard dad, i went to verify to check, and certainly not back yet.

That was a bit of a frightening experience, I had today.

I am finer now.

I am at present listening to Jane McDonald, and on line, before going tom um's health asssessment test appointemnt, nothing serious, just routine.

Have a good day all,

Best regards, all.

John Lamb

John Lamb

For those who hear voices who do you think they belong to and how many do you hear? One that I hear told me that they were dead people. I've herd about five different ones and turned around, looked behind me and there's been no one anywhere near me. They generally sound like decent people and say some quite useful things. I distinctly hear an old man's voice and a quite timid women's voice and apart from one they are quite pleasant to listen to. One in particular has got me into trouble and can be persecutory a little but I have definitely made mine allies although their quite persistent and I hear them all the time and even indulge them somewhat. Someone said to me that it's a gift but I'm unsure whether to be that positive about it. How is voice hearing for other people?
I believe voice hearing is a spiritual experience, both positive and negative. I would only call it a gift if it becomes mainly positive. This only happens in my experience when you have spiritual ears and become anointed with the Holy Spirit to receive spiritual gifts. Voices are no longer a hallucination but a reality for me opening up a whole new world.

Zero One

Zero One

Hi there zero one, I hear mainly male voices and one voice I used to listen to but is the personna of a music artist - and the voice is sometimes high and low whispering and hypnotic manipulative of my emotions and I dread thinking of them and the guilt surrounded by misconceptions of there message to the world through there music. It's delisional but I only started hearing them 6 months ago...theres no love just abuse and like laughing at my expense even trying to make me feel bad for my 'actions during psychosis' and that I will be punished kidnapped etc. They even said along time ago I should have read the Bible and it's to late for me.
wondering what you are referring to when. You mentioned - programming from the mind software?

Hope this is okay to share
Hello Speechless 👋

Are you under the care of a professional? In the beginning I didn't get care, that is why I asked. I think it is better to go sooner than later. The voices for me were at first very loving then it took a sharp change and became extremely abusive with severe pain and a lot of negative symptoms and emotional abuse. It was so bad I attempted suicide three times. Yes they now say they are mind control software, a good reference I found for this in popular culture is the term "psychoelectric weapons" if you ever want to check it out. It is basically a computerized system that uses technology to impact brainwaves and bodies.

John Lamb

John Lamb

Right on @John Lamb . I had a friend in high school with that name spelled Lamm.
Thanks, My voice used to shout ‘you’re on the lam’ when I wasn’t a believer. Had no meaning at the time but turned out it was God telling me I was a fugitive of His law.

T

TyFence

I have three right now thepeple in my house. But it’s not them just their voices. Nothing godly about it though.

EdEd

EdEd

I have three right now thepeple in my house. But it’s not them just their voices. Nothing godly about it though.
What kind of things are they talking about?

T

TyFence

Me. Trying to get me to love them by sniffing. Believe it or not. What they are saying is always a mystery to me after itsdone