• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Voice Hearer Types

C

calfellows

My thoughts were that forum categories/grouping for different
Voice Hearer Types might be a good way to generate some
traffic here, where people might feel more comfortable in their
specific hearing group.

I think these below covers all of them. Don't really know how
to group or categorize them, but "have at it" if you like.

1. Abuse/Trauma Reactions: MPD, Split Personality, Shattered Selves
2. Astral Projection: Out-of-Body, Remote Viewing, WitchRiding, Bi-located.
3. Bad Spiritual
4. Good Spiritual
5. Human or Alien Conspiracy: Mindcontrol, Electronics, or Stealth Technology.
6. Mental Illness with no further suspicion
7. Pagan, Wiccan, Psychic, Channeling, & Spirit Guides
8. Parallel Universes/Realities, Telepathy, Teleportation, & Time Travel
9. Religion or Creationism

Cal

L

Lou

I would seperate abuse from traumatic experiences because trauma as a word has become synonymous with sexual abuse, and there are many types of traumatic experience such as bullying, physical illness, bereavement.

Then I would add metaphor, voices can comment on a person's position in society, experience of discrimination, or 'tell the story' of life experiences.

C

calfellows

Lou,

The listing came from a website forum that I once owned, that didn't pan out. I tried to get the moderator here to use the same forum list a few years ago, but never happened. Can you explain your statement on metaphor? Please copy/paste the original post if needed to make yourself clear.

I just emailed the moderator here, feedback, to ask him to turn automatic email notification on for all new postings, which would help with traffic. Just a suggestion.

Cal

L

Lou

what I mean by metaphor is that voices can have a metaphorical quality, representing experiences in a persons life or unexpressed painful emotion

C

calfellows

Could you explain 6. I'm not sure I understand.
Paul,
This was just a list of voice-hearer types. Six, some people
claim voices to be mental illness with no further suspicion or
explanation.
In the email earlier today, my thoughts were that forum
grouping might be a good way to generate some traffic here,
where people might feel more at home in their specific hearing
groups.
Thanks Paul,
Cal

C

calfellows

what I mean by metaphor is that voices can have a metaphorical quality, representing experiences in a persons life or unexpressed painful emotion
Lou,
Thanks for your feedback. I agree with you there. There was some childhood abuse in my youth that I have no memory of. I've always wondered if the voices were there, if they may have bore that trauma. I often wonder what kind of life they may have had; just that this may tend to explain their attitudes and personalities. Just acting out, repeating what happened to them? Strange territory here.
Cal

L

Lou

My only concern is that abuse is now being assumed as causing voices and the problem with assumption is that it can have the opposite desired effect. Instead of people being asked about abuse in a sensitive and approproriate manner with it being treated with the respect it deserves it can result in insensitive responses. I've seen this in the field of self harm.
Also, not all abuse is represented by voices, again, in the field of self harm people who have experienced abuse have got fed up with it being assumed that's always the reason for their self harm. Abuse and trauma as words have become emeshed in meaning. All too often when trauma is said what is meant is child sexual abuse. Trauma has other meanings too, such as bullying, physical illness, bereavement.
As much as I want people who have been abused as children to have that abuse treated with the gravity it deserves, I also don't want it to be assumed that most voice hearing is caused by CSA.

P

Paul

Thanks for clarification on 6 Cal.

When you have got a definitive list together I could make them "Stickies" - that is they would stay at top of the threads and people who wanted to discuss voices according to types could do so.

Might be good to have introductory text for each sticky to explain something about the "type" and the purpose of the thread.

Also re. your point about auto signing up, our tekkie agrees and will set this up soon.

Thanks for your input.

The site is beginning to get lively!

D

deano69

hi just intrested on number 1 are they not just a combination of emoitions it would be nice if that was used just for all these lables!!dont take it personal!!as my own research shows that say young people who go through services then on to adult services are then labled with some of theses lables with out assesment(thats in the uk)!!what do you think???DEANO!!:confused:

C

calfellows

Paul,

Each voice type should have their own category of
posts/threads. Does the forum setup allow sub-categories,
or is there a mod that you can add for sub-categories?

Happy holidays to you, and many thanks for all of your work
and support.

Warm Regards,
Cal

L

Lily may

i think tis is a nice idea as i know i came here looking for others to share with so i didnt feel so alone, it would be nice to find someone who explained there experiences the same way as i do.

can i suggest another area/catagory?
i tennd to explain my experiences (and others who are involved) as a time overlap, the "voices" that i experience come from different times, and i sem to be an anchor in this time which they can visit.

not sure if anyone else thinks this but its just another explanation.

all the best Lily may

C

calfellows

Lily,

Do you think that "time travel" could go there with #8 ? I know another woman who believes as you do, talks about seeing portals and such? Teleportation? I may sit down this weekend and try to work on the list. Any feedback or assistance would be appreciated.

It could be that all of us are at least partially on the right track. The astral projection phenomenon opens the possibility that living beings from earth and/or even other planets/realms may be here "bi-locating".
Cal