• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Voice controls body

P

Potatoeheads

I can’t find anyone who has the same symptoms as me. I’m not making this up.

my voice can physically control my body when it wants to and can make me do things I don’t want to do. It can even say things using my voice I don’t want to say.

e.g it wouldn’t let me brush my teeth for a week or two... I physically couldn’t go and do it.
it used to make me chain smoke cigarettes
Plenty of other stuff too

meds don’t help . Anyone ever heard of this happening to anyone else ? Thanks

L

linus

I read about such experiences, they must be scary, I hope you can find some peace by talking to others on the forum.
Did you ever try some psychotherapy?

P

Potatoeheads

Where did you read about them ? I can’t find them anywhere .

i haven’t tried therapy yet but I will try to .. it’s going to take time though because they are busy .

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice took control of me during my two episodes of so called psychosis, I didn't even realise it at first until I became more aware of my voice and what I've come to believe it really is.

I was doing things that were extremely out of character, things I'd never do on my own.

My medication helps the most, it hasn't happened since I started taking anti-psychotics, it can still wiggle my finger tips slightly but it struggles with larger muscle groups.

May I ask if you drink alcohol or take recreational drugs? In my experience they allow voices to control us completely but they do have other ways of stealing control.

P

Potatoeheads

My voice can control my whole body whenever it wants to. It’s made me do some crazy things. But luckily nothing illegal etc. I don’t drink often and have never taken recreational drugs.

none of my doctors believe me when I talk about the Control because it’s not normal .. they just ignore it

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
From observing and talking to my voice my belief is that all Humans have another consciousness that we share our body with, someone joined this forum after reading one of my threads regarding voices and what I believe they can do and this member told me about a book, chapter one of this book puts forward the idea that our mind occupies the left hemisphere of the brain while this second consciousness occupies the right hemisphere, it claims a small group of neurologists discovered this in the 1960's but there have been other clues and ideas throughout history, many cultures and religions also believe we have two 'souls' per body. Because of this I sometimes refer to my voice as my 'head-mate' or 'twin within'.

Take the native Americans, historically in their culture they ceremoniously take drugs which I believe allows their voices to take full control of their bodies and they have a good old dance around the fire, they believe it's the spirits of their ancestors taking control but my belief suggests it's the second consciousness that resides within them.

I once took a drag of a friends joint, just one drag and from that my voice took full control of me for around five hours, I can tell you it was the most terrifying five hours of my life, lucky it let me go home and to my bedroom then it began to make and smoke roll up cigarettes and made me sing out loud a stupid song it had made up, but things could have been far worse.

I'm not sure how your voice is taking full control of you but my belief is the neurotransmitters Serotonin and Dopamine allow them to do this, when I lowered mine using psychiatric drugs my voice had much less control over me.

telepathic_one

telepathic_one

I can’t find anyone who has the same symptoms as me. I’m not making this up.

my voice can physically control my body when it wants to and can make me do things I don’t want to do. It can even say things using my voice I don’t want to say.

e.g it wouldn’t let me brush my teeth for a week or two... I physically couldn’t go and do it.
it used to make me chain smoke cigarettes
Plenty of other stuff too

meds don’t help . Anyone ever heard of this happening to anyone else ? Thanks
I had this same problem, still do, they did the exact same thing couldn't brush my teeth for a week maybe longer they were messing with my consciousness too so I cant remember. They can move my body and can make sure i dont do anything i want to they have complete mind control over anybody they want to.

L

linus

Are you able to do anything else beside getting busy with the voices?

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
I am sorry I can only imagine how that must feel. My voice can alter my percpetion of events, and influence me. However it can only manipulate me not actually force me to due anything, and I have gotten better at fighting it

P

Potatoeheads

I had this same problem, still do, they did the exact same thing couldn't brush my teeth for a week maybe longer they were messing with my consciousness too so I cant remember. They can move my body and can make sure i dont do anything i want to they have complete mind control over anybody they want to.
hey. Have you tried medication ? Nothing works for me. I feel like a prisoner to the voice .. whatever it wants to do that’s what I have to do.. what other things has it made you do?

P

Potatoeheads

Are you able to do anything else beside getting busy with the voices?
I can go out sometimes but don’t have many friends so there isn’t much to do.. guess I’m just stuck at home for life like a prisoner

telepathic_one

telepathic_one

I don't want to go into the things he has made me do but mostly self hard and degrading things. The one that's bugging me right now is I keep quitting smoking but they make me go to the store and get cigs and smoke them sometimes non-stop even though I have no craving. One of the pushs was to never drink water i went a whole year dehydrated i think my kidneys are fucked because of it. Its horrible but it becomes life and you learn to live with it

P

Potatoeheads

I don't want to go into the things he has made me do but mostly self hard and degrading things. The one that's bugging me right now is I keep quitting smoking but they make me go to the store and get cigs and smoke them sometimes non-stop even though I have no craving. One of the pushs was to never drink water i went a whole year dehydrated i think my kidneys are fucked because of it. Its horrible but it becomes life and you learn to live with it
I can’t believe I found someone who’s being controlled too. Mine used to make me steal families money and go shop to buy cigarettes and then chainsmoke them it was so nasty . Lasted a few months then it said I could stop.

yes you learn to live with it but you can’t really plan for the future .. because you never know what it’ll make you do next .

It made me quit my job and it won’t let me get a new one so I guess ill be on benefits for the rest of my life .

also i won’t be able to fall in love. No girl will want someone being controlled .

L

linus

Do you feel unsafe in general? Is there a way for you to keep away from any interference for a while to lower your anxiety?

P

Potatoeheads

Do you feel unsafe in general? Is there a way for you to keep away from any interference for a while to lower your anxiety?
I don’t really feel that unsafe. It’s never made me harm anyone in 7 years so I don’t think it’s dangerous... unless it’s personality changes .. . I can’t escape the interference... it has full authority on any decision I have to make in life .

i just want a good job and a family but oh well There’s nothing I can do