Voice changers cause panic attacks?

E

Easybreathing

Hi,

I suffer from GAD but I never really knew I had triggers that could quickly send me into a panic attack.

I've never liked getting voicemails, I've never liked the recorded computer voice saying 'you have one missed call.' I hate receiving calls with computer generated voices, like from the doctors saying you have an appointment in a week.

Recently I was about to watch a YouTube video someone on Twitter had posted. When I opened it, the video was of a girl not showing her face and then when she started talking she had altered her voice to stay anonymous. It was very deep and I could only listen for a second before I started panicking and shaking. It took me ages to calm down but I really wanted to hear the video as it was about something important.

The next day I asked my friend to watch it with me because I was too scared to alone but I couldn't get any further and had to stop it and rip my earphone out.

I'm so scared of the voice alteration and I don't know why or how to stop being so scared. Any help would be appreciated or if anyone else feels the same.

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum

Random question.

Have you ever had any kind of abusive phone call or answerphone message that you can remember which may of laid the trigger down?

Marliee x

E

Easybreathing

:welcome: to the forum

Random question.

Have you ever had any kind of abusive phone call or answerphone message that you can remember which may of laid the trigger down?

Marliee x
Hi!

No i don't think I have. I don't think my family have ever had an abusive phone call on the house phone and I definitely haven't on my mobile, if there has been then I haven't been the one receiving it.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Anxiety Forum 3
J Anxiety Forum 5