Vitamin Experiment

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have tried vitamins & supplements of various kinds before, but never seem to notice much of a difference.

i'm trying an experiment with some high dose vitamins -

Vit D3, C, B-Complex, Zinc, Q10, Omega 3, Serrapeptase, Multi-Vit, Niacin, Iron, Garlic.

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

I've too have been on Garlic and Omega 3 capsules.

Can't say that they did anything for me Physically or mentally apart from giving me bad breath so I came off them.

However I do still take Blackstrap Mollasses and Ginkgo Biloba, the latter of which puts some lead into my pencil so to speak!!!

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

Have tried vitamins & supplements of various kinds before, but never seem to notice much of a difference.

Vit D3, C, B-Complex, Zinc, Q10, Omega 3, Serrapeptase, Multi-Vit, Niacin, Iron, Garlic.
Be careful Cpu there's a lot of interactions there.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am not constantly tired and fatigued since the doctors gave me mega doses of vitamin D3,I am buying supplements of it to keep my levels up.I am taking garlic capsules too as I read that they remove fat from the arteries.....I know the D3 is absolutely vital anyway.Gonna start putting fresh garlic and ginger into my stir fries too!

C

Coastatsunset

My friend knows a lot about nutrition CUP. I'm seeing her over Easter, so I'll get the names of a couple of books that you might be interested in.

They treat the gut like the brain......it's fascinating....I need to read them too, then if you do decide to read about nutrition, we can chat about it and share ideas and experiences on here....

Coast x

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My friend knows a lot about nutrition CUP. I'm seeing her over Easter, so I'll get the names of a couple of books that you might be interested in.

They treat the gut like the brain......it's fascinating....I need to read them too, then if you do decide to read about nutrition, we can chat about it and share ideas and experiences on here....

Coast x
Thanks - there's drips & drabs of all kinds of stuff that i've looked into & tried over the years. i think that a good basic diet/nutrition is important, & living as natural/healthy a life as possible, as well as healing properties of certain foods/herbs etc, but also beyond that in relation to mental health, it seems to also go into a lot of debatable areas, with a lot of different opinions/perspectives, same with everything i suppose.

i want to try some Kefir, a friend has been making it.

Be interested in your own thoughts/experiences with it all.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Gonna start putting fresh garlic and ginger into my stir fries too!
Garlic & Ginger is very healing.

i make a detox drink that is very good for colds - with fresh sage leaves, ginger root, organic/unwaxed lemons, & honey, infused in hot water (you can add garlic as well).

T

Topcat

Went kefir crazy a couple of years ago. It was fun. Had a fermentation station. The water kefir was more of a hit with small folk, bit like ginger beer. The milk kefir got boring after a while. Nice blended with orange juice, ice, nutmeg and milk though :)
Got into it all from this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nourishing-...8580055&sr=8-1&keywords=nourishing+traditions

Turmeric is a good one to add to detox drink too. I've only seen the fresh root on Ocado though.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Went kefir crazy a couple of years ago. It was fun. Had a fermentation station. The water kefir was more of a hit with small folk, bit like ginger beer. The milk kefir got boring after a while. Nice blended with orange juice, ice, nutmeg and milk though :)
Got into it all from this book Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats: Amazon.co.uk: Sally Fallon: 9780967089737: Books
Thanks - interesting.

Turmeric is a good one to add to detox drink too. I've only seen the fresh root on Ocado though.
They sell the fresh Tumeric root in a local health food shop - we were trying some detox drinks with it a while ago, with loads of organic fruit/veg & other stuff in one of the nutribullet blenders, that has sat in the cupboard since.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What results are you looking for CPU?
i've always been very interested in alternative healing/holistic health areas.

i've come across orthomolecular medical areas a lot over the years, but have always been dubious of a lot of the claims (beyond the obvious benefits of a healthy/balanced diet). i have leaned far more to things being primarily psychogenic. Although i have been re-evaluating all these areas of nutrition again recently & thinking that maybe there is more in it than i have previously given credit?

Just a little experiment to see if i feel any better/different with a course of high strength vitamins, & a few dietary changes.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Vitamins are essential where I live.

Apparently there is no zinc in the ground so we are all zinc deficient. Its not present in our produce like it is in other places.

Ive just skipped my Omega 3 for a few days and my hip pain is back with a vengeance.

Omega 3 has also CURED my toe numbness which has been a problem for a couple of years. Gone.

I tried some magnesium but barely noticed a difference, but then I never got cramps when pregnant either which is Almost Universal.

At the moment Im taking

vitamin D (lack nearly killed me and im not even exaggerating)
Omega 3

and thinking of adding some zinc too just because it Cant Hurt.

I originally started the Omega 3 for mood support and I believe it works - very subltly but if it keeps me off mood stabilisers, ALL GOOD.

Huge believer here. I know too many people who have been anaemic and ive suffered too much unnecessary pain myself, all solved by a simple supplement.