• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Vistaril (hydroxyzine)

TulipIceCream

TulipIceCream

I am on Sertraline (Zoloft) 100mg and melatonin 10mg. My psychiatrist just upped these doses today. I had a schedule change and now come home some nights after 10pm and have to pass by a creepy forested park to get to my apartment from the bus stop. I have anxiety someone will jump out from the trees or follow me from the bus. I had been coping by drinking two bottles of wine for anxiety and sleep but my psychiatrist said to try the Vistaril. I looked it up and the reviews say it doesn't work. :BLAH:

Has anyone used this medication?

fazza

fazza

Each medication will have different effects on people. What does not work for some may work for you.
Also with regards to the creepy forest. This is completely normal. I think anyone would be anxious walking past a creepy forest.
Medication is trial and error. If it does not work then fine, At least you gave it a go. At the moment you don't know if it will work so the situation may not improve. If you give it a go at least its a forward step and things could really improve.

If the drug did not work for anybody then I dont think they would market it.