• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Visions of my dad's suicide

M

Mastiff mom

It's been a rough day. I'm alone, my husband is out of town. I've had a break down today over my dad's suicide when I was a child. He killed himself in a very violent way and it has haunted me all my life. I couldn't stop sobbing and was overcome with suicidal feelings myself. Just such a hard day. I pray tomorrow will be better. I miss my dad so much.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
That must be very hard MM, sorry it's affecting you so much today. Perhaps crying is a good thing, let it all out? Hope you feel better tomorrow (((hugs)))

C

Callalily

I'm really sorry about your dad, that must have been really distressing for you, as I'm sure reliving it is now.

I hope for a better day for you tomorrow also :hug1:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Big big hugs for you. :hug5:

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you, having this ghost of the past always there lingering in your mind.
I'm glad that you cried, I think it's a good release.
Just take really good care of yourself, please.

I don't know what to else to say. Just offering you my support and friendship, and I hope today has been easier for you.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I’m sorry to hear you’ve gotten so upset Mastiff mom. :hug: xx
Your dad's suicide was so terribly tragic and must have been traumatic for you to go through as a child. We carry these things with us into adulthood, they never really go away; and when we’re left on our own that’s when they find us again. All it takes is for something to spark an association and we’re back there. I’m so sorry you’re struggling; please, please stay safe Mastiff mom. :hug: xxxx

I can’t pretend to know what you’re going through; but my dad died just before my 21st birthday and I still miss him. I pray that you feel better soon. :hug: xx

rubyrose

rubyrose

I'm so sorry, MM. You know you can message me anytime. I'm here for you. I truly hope you feel better soon. I have prayed for you before and I will pray for you again. It's a promise. Sending you lots of hugs :hug1:

F

fair&square75

Thinking of you mm...what an awful thing to have on your shoulders, sending you hugs,I'm not much help today but couldn't ignore your post...xox