• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Views on Acupuncture

S

skyblue

Has anybody here had any Acupuncture as a form of therapy ? Did it help you and would you reccommend it ?

:flowers:

L

Lady Summer Isles

Def yes
Had it for sciatica a few years ago and worked really well. Am prob going to have some more as I've a frozen shoulder and a trapped nerve at the moment. I've had the steroid injection but that isn't working so will try the accupuncture for it.:)
Lady T

B

bluebell24

Hi skyblue,

I had acupuncture about 5 years ago for a couple of things ... I had come off contraception and didn't have a period for 10 months (sorry if this is too much information for anyone!) and doctors couldn't suggest anything useful. I was also having a really tough time at work and very stressed as a result.

So I had acupuncture for both of these, went for 8 weeks and had great results for both problems. I was paying quite a hefty sum for it at the time in London so once the problems were alleviated I stopped going. I am reconsidering it now though as I really believe it will help me through with the current depression.

I'll be totally honest, I remain open-minded on it in the respect that it could be mind-over-matter, and also that my acupuncturist had me quit drinking, smoking, eating wheat and dairy and insisted I was getting my five-a-day ... all of which would've been very good for me regardless, and I was a very good patient because it cost so bloody much! It worked though and I'm happy to give it another go on that basis!

Have you thought any more re: your meds? I hope all is going well?