• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Vicious Anxiety, or Panic, or Heart. Who knows?

steelboss

steelboss

I have been having this sudden feeling that some ice water has moved across my chest from right to center, and some tingling in my calves or legs...or maybe legs and arms. It is extremely distracting and happens without notice.
But that is nothing compared to the onset of a major anxiety attack that usually happens when I am driving a car, at night, on a desolate highway, in the middle of nowhere... in China. That just takes the cake.
Three weeks ago I forgot to be humble and went out drinking. Alcohol is a trigger for my anxiety. The next day at work I had 2 mild attacks and luckily I made it home. But the next morning my time ran out on the way to work and what happened to me was too scary to explain correctly, but how about 10,000 needles stuck into every extremity, an elephant sitting on my chest, my head in a vice, mouth full of peanut butter, and duct tape around my neck. I ended up in the back of my Jeep with one eye open unable to move. I barely was able to send my location by App to my office and I was eventually met by police and an ambulance.
The doctor says I am fine. As usual.

I would love to hear any comments of similar experiences, and as bad as this sounds, I may be able to offer others with similar or lesser problems with some strategies to defeat the onset of an attack.

Tony

Attachments

K

Katydid

Anxiety attacks can cause tingling like you describe you are breathing too fast. slowing your breathe or breathing into a bag of some sort will help quickly. Ask your doctor if you could be suffering from anxiety. Will they be open minded to that?

steelboss

steelboss

No, I was not breathing fast. I was listening to some news on the radio without a care or thought in the world. Then it just hit me like a truck and I jerked onto the shoulder of the road. It went from zero to 60 in 15-20 seconds. I wish it was as easy as breathing control. I would love that.
Tony

jajingna

jajingna

Hey Tony, I'm just replying because I see Suzhou as your location. I lived there for a year or so in 2011-12 teaching high school kids. Would like to get back to China but guess Covid is in the way for a while.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Panic attacks but not anxiety triggered Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
K Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety or Both? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
M Panic, Anxiety, and Emetephobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 21
E Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
Z Panic attacks or anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
A Agoraphobia brought on by panic/anxiety attacks on transport. Need advice! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
courttt18 Flying to another country with agoraphobia/anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
C Help! Disordered breathing pattern/ HVS - Health anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
B Weird panic/anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
T Boyfriend with agoraphobia, panic disorder, social anxiety, anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 11
R My Panic and Anxiety History? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
G Quitting my job due to anxiety attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
E Anxiety attack worries Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Zardos Sudden Attack Of Anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
H My anxiety has gotten to the point of insomnia and dysfunction. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
Rebecca Ahava Need Advice: I have social anxiety and go to college twice a week Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
N Anxiety attack or just anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
S anxiety, agropohobia and medication Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
C anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M single mum/ 3 kids/ anxiety, panic, agoraphobia 😓 Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
S situational anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
F have my i got anxiety????? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
T Panic and Anxiety, please help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
dawndeeclarity embarrassing anxiety problem... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
seo1387 Anxiety Sucks!! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
B panic attack?? or just bad anxiety?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
NicoretteGummed Pregabalin-The New Anti-Anxiety Wonder Drug!!(Apparently) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
J health anxiety need a friend to talk to Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
chezza987 panic attacks and anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 14
D Depression, Anxiety, Agoraphobia, mental problems dont know where to start Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
nenexx Is it possible to cure Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
O Trigger warning - symptoms that can be disturbing ..anyone experienced this during or after panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
stevie_sloth I didn't know I had panic attacks for 20 years Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
W Do I have a panic disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
J A Different Kind Of Panic Attack This Week Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
I Coming from a country where people are not educated about panic attacks is difficult (a rant) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
S Panic Attacks and Sertraline Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
N Scared it's not a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Intense panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
Livingsacrifice Panic Attacks - Driving Paralyzes Me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M HELP! Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
H My mom is having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
S Is Aesthetic Sensitivity A Sign of a Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
K In a constant cycle of panic... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
MissPink Do I have this Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
N Panic attacks are back after 4 years. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Passing out from panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Shayfury Med change triggered panic relapse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4