• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Vicious Anxiety, or Panic, or Heart. Who knows?

steelboss

steelboss

I have been having this sudden feeling that some ice water has moved across my chest from right to center, and some tingling in my calves or legs...or maybe legs and arms. It is extremely distracting and happens without notice.
But that is nothing compared to the onset of a major anxiety attack that usually happens when I am driving a car, at night, on a desolate highway, in the middle of nowhere... in China. That just takes the cake.
Three weeks ago I forgot to be humble and went out drinking. Alcohol is a trigger for my anxiety. The next day at work I had 2 mild attacks and luckily I made it home. But the next morning my time ran out on the way to work and what happened to me was too scary to explain correctly, but how about 10,000 needles stuck into every extremity, an elephant sitting on my chest, my head in a vice, mouth full of peanut butter, and duct tape around my neck. I ended up in the back of my Jeep with one eye open unable to move. I barely was able to send my location by App to my office and I was eventually met by police and an ambulance.
The doctor says I am fine. As usual.

I would love to hear any comments of similar experiences, and as bad as this sounds, I may be able to offer others with similar or lesser problems with some strategies to defeat the onset of an attack.

Tony

Attachments

K

Katydid

Anxiety attacks can cause tingling like you describe you are breathing too fast. slowing your breathe or breathing into a bag of some sort will help quickly. Ask your doctor if you could be suffering from anxiety. Will they be open minded to that?

steelboss

steelboss

No, I was not breathing fast. I was listening to some news on the radio without a care or thought in the world. Then it just hit me like a truck and I jerked onto the shoulder of the road. It went from zero to 60 in 15-20 seconds. I wish it was as easy as breathing control. I would love that.
Tony

jajingna

jajingna

Hey Tony, I'm just replying because I see Suzhou as your location. I lived there for a year or so in 2011-12 teaching high school kids. Would like to get back to China but guess Covid is in the way for a while.