• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Very Unsure

M

Maisie

I really don't know where to post this at all! Basically I am a student in my last year of uni, 20 years old. Have not had the worst life in the world by far. But a very sticky divorce of parents, which has left me guilt tripped into having no relationship with my father (even though I would love for him to come to my wedding and graduation ect) Since being at uni, I have only fully realized the amount of control my mother has on me in my life and I don't know how to deal with it. She has been very mentally ill in the past, eg. tried to commit suicide with me in the car. But the most hurtful thing ever is she loves my sister so much more, and shows her amazing favoritism. She does not support me in anyway, she picks me apart, spends loads of money on herself and sis but nothing on me, constantly reminds me im like my father, blackmails me, but seems to play the goody all the time, and only my friends at uni see it! I just feel so hopeless, and have no idea how to deal with the situation. She is now mentally stable and has been for some time, works as a counsellor and is in a stable relationship. I was really just wondering if anyone has any tips, as I do not know if i can deal with this anymore. Please help, sorry to ramble! :confused:

Halo

Halo

Hi Maisie

I think you may have to do a little research online to find some counselling help for you.. just to help you make sense of this situation.

I was looking for help for my husband who has to put up with my MH issues and we are dealing with it together... i think im very lucky there and so is he.

Anyway have a look at this site that i was looking at myself this morning. It may offer you some help, insight or even inspire you ... who knows.. its worth a try..

http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/

best wishes

M

Maisie

hey halo,

Thank you so much for the link, I had a couple of sessions with a counsellor at uni, but to be honest, found it very unhelpful. Maybe I should try again! Good luck with your troubles though, I do hope things work out for you.

Thank you for your reply