• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Very Paranoid and It's Getting Worse. Help Please.

Rosetta85

Rosetta85

Hello everyone, I just registered today. I'm here because For the past few years I've been having paranoia. It seemed to start when one day my now ex-husband showed me a movie about the Illuminati and how there are conspiracies behind everything. It scared me so badly. Ever since then I've been suppressing all these thoughts I have, like I'll see something on CNN and think, omg, that must be a part of a conspiracy. Or I'll start imagining reasons behind why something happened in the news. I can't watch the news because I get such anxiety that I feel like I'm going to jump up and scream. I use to be a very devoted christian. I think that has something to do with it. Because when I lost my faith five years ago, my whole life unraveled and I haven't quite been the same since. I asked some people on an ex-Christian forum and they said it may have something to do with the mind being programmed to believed that there are invisible forces governing everything. That makes sense, but I have no idea what to do with that information. I just know I am easily scared out of my mind, because my imagination is very active.

I don't want to be scared anymore...can someone please tell me what's wrong and what to do?

Rosetta85

Rosetta85

Also my ex is very paranoid too, about everything. I'm sure he influenced me. I don't hear voices. I'm just very paranoid.