• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Very interesting!

D

Dissatisfied

yes I know Ron very well - different way of working, won't be for everyone - but worked for me! still on that recovery path, still got a long way to go, but this year is a hell of a lot better than last!

D

Deliah

You are absolutely awesome and I'm so grateful that you're my buddy! Will send longer mail another time. love D xx

D

Dissatisfied

Thanks Deliah - going to send a PM to you in a mo!

I'm not awesome in the slightest! lol

I went to Ron's recovery farm in Isle of Lewis for 3 mths, and it was hard work, I can tell you, I had to look in the mirror and face up to myself, it was really tough! And they challenged me, and I resisted it for a while, even had feelings of hatred for Ron for it - but got through it, and a year later, now I'm back home, I can see the effects of their work on me, I didn't really see it there, I lived close by to them for another year - other people came and went to the farm, and then it got closed this time last year, and they continued working on me, me being resilient, self-forgiveness and all that, and slowly I got my confidence back, so by this summer just gone, I felt great - then felt ready to come back home, dipped in January as I was stuck in a job I didn't like - and felt a failure if I walked out, but I did anyway, as I decided to get involved in soteria, and found a job as a recovery worker, so the blip didn't last too long, less than a month.

So yeah, now back at home I can see how they worked with me, and it really helped me - I didn't realise that it had whilst up there, but I can see a massive difference now, I even feel different to how I felt in the summer, realise now my recovery journey isn't going to end!

it might not work for everyone, you have to be ready to look in the mirror, and for some, it might be too much, but for others who are ready, then Ron's way can really work.

Kerome

Kerome

The website is down, but it reminds me a little of the anthroposophical day centre I went to here in Holland, their approach was also work centred, getting people to attend, open the day, clean the centre together, then off to work in the gardens, until the closing off the day. They mixed in some therapy as well.

I'll have another look once the website is back up.