• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Very Down

Agatha

Agatha

I've been very down and sleeping an awful lot. I don't get to see my psychiatic np until the 22nd. I need a new antidepressant. The last one was horrible. I have no support in my life. I have a so called friend who only contacts me when she has nothing better to do. Thankfully I have my faithful dog Suzy who I can talk to and hug. Don't know what I'd do without her. I don't even know why I'm writing this but it's maybe to gain some support in my life. I feel no one cares about me.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Gosh that is awful, we care here. (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))) I know how bad it is to feel unwanted or unloved.

Sorry you have no support, what anti depressant are you on now? I feel whatever the system gets used to them and they don;t work, just my opinion. The best thing is talking through your issues.

I hope you get lots of understanding and support here

KSxxxx

F

flowerpot

Hi agatha sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. Sending you hugs cos I know how it feels. Good that you've got Suzy dogs can be a big comfort. We get daughters dog Maisy to visit while she's at work. She's lovely and unconditional love.
I've have had a long wait to see my cpn again and having not so good time in the meantime. Hubby is having problems too and has had a troubled weekend,

Had a long walk yesterday, find that helps. Can you get out to walk Suzy.
Things will get better hopefully when you get your meds sorted.
Will think of you

Xxx

Agatha

Agatha

Gosh that is awful, we care here. (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))) I know how bad it is to feel unwanted or unloved.

Sorry you have no support, what anti depressant are you on now? I feel whatever the system gets used to them and they don;t work, just my opinion. The best thing is talking through your issues.

I hope you get lots of understanding and support here

KSxxxx
Thanks for your kind post. I'm just on trazadone for sleep now. I had to stop taking the other antidepressant because it gave me restless legs, sleeplessness and worse depression. I was on it for about 2 mos. My issues are financial problems that I can't do much about yet and lack of friends and more.

Agatha

Agatha

Hi agatha sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. Sending you hugs cos I know how it feels. Good that you've got Suzy dogs can be a big comfort. We get daughters dog Maisy to visit while she's at work. She's lovely and unconditional love.
I've have had a long wait to see my cpn again and having not so good time in the meantime. Hubby is having problems too and has had a troubled weekend,

Had a long walk yesterday, find that helps. Can you get out to walk Suzy.
Things will get better hopefully when you get your meds sorted.
Will think of you

Xxx
Thank you for your thoughtful post. I do walk Suzy every day. It has just become very cold outside so can't stay out for very long. Dogs are great, yes, unconditional love. Sorry you are struggling too and that your hubby is struggling, too. Life can be so hard at times.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Agatha, I care about you and am sorry you are feeling so low. I've been there and it's lonely and beats you down. I agree with you about pets--mine are always a comfort to me. I'm glad you have your dog to love you unconditionally. Please keep reaching out on the forum-there are lots of supportive people here. Hugs.

Agatha

Agatha

Dear Agatha, I care about you and am sorry you are feeling so low. I've been there and it's lonely and beats you down. I agree with you about pets--mine are always a comfort to me. I'm glad you have your dog to love you unconditionally. Please keep reaching out on the forum-there are lots of supportive people here. Hugs.
Thank you for caring. It means a lot. My dog Suzy is great.

M

Mastiff mom

What kind of dog is Suzy? I have two dogs; a Sheperd and a mastiff. They give me love and affection every day.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
I've been very down and sleeping an awful lot. I don't get to see my psychiatic np until the 22nd. I need a new antidepressant. The last one was horrible. I have no support in my life. I have a so called friend who only contacts me when she has nothing better to do. Thankfully I have my faithful dog Suzy who I can talk to and hug. Don't know what I'd do without her. I don't even know why I'm writing this but it's maybe to gain some support in my life. I feel no one cares about me.
Hi Agatha, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low and uncared for, and you're struggling with no support, things sound really tough for you. As others have said I hope you'll find support and validation here, many of us know how difficult it can be to get support in real life. You're in the States? Is it only your psychiatrist you see, no other professional support, or support groups or anything? I hope you can get your medication sorted, it's frustrating to have to wait for appointments. I'm glad you have Suzy as a reason for getting out, and for company. I wonder if there's any way you could meet up with other dog-walkers and walk together? Tricky isn't it to know how to arrange these things, but there are probably others in your position who would appreciate company on their walk.

Like others have said, we care here because we know what it's like, and I hope that joining here can mean you feel a bit less alone. Take care Agatha :hug: :hug: :hug:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Does your psychiatrist not have any 'Emergency' slots?
Seems like a long time for you to have to wait, especially as you're not feeling well.

I'm pleased to read that you have a wonderful canine friend to keep you company. :hug1:

It's very difficult when you feel unsupported - I know that feeling too well.

If it helps, keep posting here because there are lots of members who will be there for when you need to vent or just want a chat.
Have you ever tried any helplines? I know they're not the same as having someone physically with you who knows you, but it can help to hear a voice at the end of the phone.

Agatha

Agatha

What kind of dog is Suzy? I have two dogs; a Sheperd and a mastiff. They give me love and affection every day.
She is a Shih Tsu. Yes, dogs are very loving.

Agatha

Agatha

Hi Agatha, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low and uncared for, and you're struggling with no support, things sound really tough for you. As others have said I hope you'll find support and validation here, many of us know how difficult it can be to get support in real life. You're in the States? Is it only your psychiatrist you see, no other professional support, or support groups or anything? I hope you can get your medication sorted, it's frustrating to have to wait for appointments. I'm glad you have Suzy as a reason for getting out, and for company. I wonder if there's any way you could meet up with other dog-walkers and walk together? Tricky isn't it to know how to arrange these things, but there are probably others in your position who would appreciate company on their walk.

Like others have said, we care here because we know what it's like, and I hope that joining here can mean you feel a bit less alone. Take care Agatha :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks for the empathy and advice. I see a Social Worker every 2 weeks or so but don't find her to be helpful at all. I often feel worse after her visit. She tries to leave as soon as she gets here it seems. She doesn't want to be bothered with me it seems. It's only about 15 degrees outside and I have to walk Suzy fast so we don't freeze. I sometimes see people outside walking their dogs and we chat a minute or so but not so much in this frigid weather.

Agatha

Agatha

Does your psychiatrist not have any 'Emergency' slots?
Seems like a long time for you to have to wait, especially as you're not feeling well.

I'm pleased to read that you have a wonderful canine friend to keep you company. :hug1:

It's very difficult when you feel unsupported - I know that feeling too well.

If it helps, keep posting here because there are lots of members who will be there for when you need to vent or just want a chat.
Have you ever tried any helplines? I know they're not the same as having someone physically with you who knows you, but it can help to hear a voice at the end of the phone.
No the psychiatrist is totally booked and has been for awhile. There is a helpline you can call for a 15 minute talk but it is rare to get through to them as the line is constantly busy. It's very frustrating to keep on calling and getting a busy signal. Thanks for the advice.

D

Dk720

It can be hard but try not to do it alone. I have a cat as I hated coming home to an empty house. I find it hard to talk to people. I just hope you find help. I take antidepressants but feel they just level me off. I still don't cope in situations. I hope you get help soon, it can get lonely. X

Agatha

Agatha

It can be hard but try not to do it alone. I have a cat as I hated coming home to an empty house. I find it hard to talk to people. I just hope you find help. I take antidepressants but feel they just level me off. I still don't cope in situations. I hope you get help soon, it can get lonely. X
Thank you. Cats are nice too. I have had a lot of them in my life. I never know what to say to people in person, too. I am very alone but have my dog and birds which keep me from ending my life. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have them. I have changed mental health centers but it is a process to do it and I am waiting to hear from the new place. Hopefully I will get better services there. I know there will probably be a long wait before I can get in there. I still have a Psychiatric appmt. at the the old place. I hope they don't cancel it. I need to get more meds even though I'm not out of them yet.