• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

very depressed

L

lonelyboy21

hi im 21 male

i am soo depressed because i havent never had a gf girls dont ever look at me. i think im ugly and no good for anyone or anything should i get some help this will sound bad but sometimes i do think about harming myself

M

mikebrowne

You are still very young and while it is nice to have somebody in your life dont make it a desperate goal to have girlfriend.
Girls are more than an accessory. I doubt very much you are ugly, I think when your confidence is low it is easy to think that about yourself and I think making a statement like that about yourself is your way of protecting yourself instead of looking at the reason why you have difficulty with girls.
Do you have males friends? If you can say yes to that then you are in a position to be able to go out and meet girls.
You need to accept girls for who they are and not a commodity for you to boost your ego. Learn to love yourself and then give love away. Be an open honest person and I bet you will make friends. Show a genuine interest in people, male or female make friends and be a true friend and you will find that the same will come back to you.
Hope you find your soul mate!

K

krazy

hey man thats not called depression!!! depression is what i am going through! it been 3 weeks my dad died in a horrible accident and now its been 2 days that my gf has ditched mebecause of some chap and i am completely low low and depressed! i dn't know what i should do nor what should be done!!!!!! i think i am going to take medication to get back my senses!!!! that whats called the real depression!

Last edited by a moderator:
rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
hey man thats not called depression!!! depression is what i am going through! it been 3 weeks my dad died in a horrible accident and now its been 2 days that my gf has ditched mebecause of some chap and i am completely low low and depressed! i dn't know what i should do nor what should be done!!!!!! i think i am going to take medication to get back my senses!!!! that whats called the real depression!
Krazy, it sounds like you're having a really awful time and I'm sorry to hear that your dad died recently. Perhaps you should think about seeing your GP and explain how you feel.

However, it's not really fair to play down other people's experiences - we are all different on this forum and will talk about any of our "issues" in different ways - so what seems trivial to you, will not to the OP, and remember Lonelyboy21 may not have told the full story and posted a little of what is concerning him to see what response he gets. It's not a competition of "my illness is worse than yours".

Lonelyboy21, I am sorry to hear you are struggling with self-esteem and have thoughts of self-harm. If these get more insistent or if you act on them, I would suggest you go to see your GP - they will have seen it before and can support you. Let us know how you get on.

Rollinat :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: