• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Very depressed just now

M

Medusalinks

Just registered yesterday,so glad to find some online support. Really need to vent with my anonymity intact.
I’m 44 yrs now, and resigning myself to the fact I’m always going to end up back at rock bottom being depressed. I feel so frustrated,life has passed me by and I’ve literally achieved nothing! Just now I’m particularly depressed with this UK lockdown(as I live alone),but I feel pretty isolated most of the time anyway. The depression has caused me to withdraw and this has caused me to loose friends;leaving me feeling isolated. I am annoyed with myself giving into it but don’t know how not to.
I can have spells were I am fun but then I’m plagued with anxiety. Have a new job starting that was postponed with the Coronavirus but dreading it. Scared I mess up yet another opportunity.
Looking for some pen pals that can relate. I like to vent but I’m not a total pessimist either😗

Z

ziedite

Hi there...yes this UK lockdown is crap, totally agree with you. And it makes it so much harder to deal with depression. The fact that your job has been postponed and not cancelled is great, so don't dread it. You will do better than you think. They offered you the role because you are qualified and the right person for it.

How to cope now with the weird circumstances we currently live under is a tough one. Depression and isolation are so hard under normal conditions... that now it make it doubly hard. Contacting a GP is hard, at least in my area, but if you can have a online or phone consult with a GP, maybe medication may be something to consider.

Try to schedule Skype or Zoom calls with the friends you have, as they may be feeling isolated too. What I do is put in my calendar a call with a friend at 5:30pm on Thursday each week so at least I have something nice to look forward to.

Stay safe... and try to stay sane. Keep talking to us.. it's the perfect social distancing technique. :)

M

Medusalinks

Hi and thanks for reply.
That’s so true definitely feeling the depression hitting harder with this lockdown. Feeling like I’m in some gamer virtual reality world, with all Skype and online communication,rather than in person.

I’ll keep safe don’t know if I’ll stay sane with much more lockdown lol😕

K

karl7

Just registered yesterday,so glad to find some online support. Really need to vent with my anonymity intact.
I’m 44 yrs now, and resigning myself to the fact I’m always going to end up back at rock bottom being depressed. I feel so frustrated,life has passed me by and I’ve literally achieved nothing! Just now I’m particularly depressed with this UK lockdown(as I live alone),but I feel pretty isolated most of the time anyway. The depression has caused me to withdraw and this has caused me to loose friends;leaving me feeling isolated. I am annoyed with myself giving into it but don’t know how not to.
I can have spells were I am fun but then I’m plagued with anxiety. Have a new job starting that was postponed with the Coronavirus but dreading it. Scared I mess up yet another opportunity.
Looking for some pen pals that can relate. I like to vent but I’m not a total pessimist either😗
im sorry youre having such a tough time now, I have depression too and know what its like.....but you should never lose hope, I remember the days when I was deeply depressed, I never thought I would get better, but you do, are you taking an anti depressant, I assume youre seeing a psychiatrist/therapist.....I think talk therapy would help you

You should take it easy as much as you can, relax, watch the tv and post here on the forums....theres lots of people here who understand what youre going through and want to support you.

judt take it easy

J

JCPraha

Hello,

Depression can be a life long struggle. Really not easy to go through life fighting this disease. I have been fighting it for many years. It has become more difficult to cope with as I get older. I hope it is better for you than it is for me. Very treatment resistant for me at this point.

M

Medusalinks

Hi

yes, I’m also treatment resistant. I don’t bother with medication now.I try to focus more on exercise and diet. It is a life long struggle, as I’ve suffered with it since my teens,that’s why when folk say it’ll get better, I know from experience it will, but I also know the darkness will then come back again.
Kind of feel it’s ruined my life. Really frustrating 😩☹

M

Medusalinks

im sorry youre having such a tough time now, I have depression too and know what its like.....but you should never lose hope, I remember the days when I was deeply depressed, I never thought I would get better, but you do, are you taking an anti depressant, I assume youre seeing a psychiatrist/therapist.....I think talk therapy would help you

You should take it easy as much as you can, relax, watch the tv and post here on the forums....theres lots of people here who understand what youre going through and want to support you.

judt take it easy
Thanks

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
My severest depression came back when I quit Lexapro but i’m not sure it was working or not after 20 years on it. Depression destroys our life. It’s a lonely fight. Yes I can relate truly....

M

Medusalinks

Hello
My severest depression came back when I quit Lexapro but i’m not sure it was working or not after 20 years on it. Depression destroys our life. It’s a lonely fight. Yes I can relate truly....
It is a fight indeed. I’m fighting just to function never mind getting happiness or thriving. Oh to know joy rather than this existence.

J

JCPraha

Yes, it is truly a struggle. I have been battling depression all of my life. For now, it appears to be getting the better of me. Depression certainly wreaks havoc on one's life. It makes life extremely difficult, coupled with the other problems life invariably presents.