• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Venting about parents

Jh447

Jh447

I don’t know why but today I woke up having a feeling today was going to be a bad day and a long week ahead. So what do you know, today was so annoying. I got into a fight with my parents over something so stupid. Just because I didn’t turn off the kitchen light when they asked me to. The only reason why I didn’t was because before that happened me and my mom got into a fight over something I misplaced. She got so mad at me and started saying all this random stuff that didn’t even make sense how I’m a witch and I’m always starting problems? I misplaced something and I guess she thought I did that on purpose? Another reason why I didn’t do it was because she was just trying to pick a fight with me and I thought if I go turn off this light, in about 5 minutes someone is going to go in that kitchen and leave that light on. I have no idea but I HATE the way she treats me compared to my brother. He had his bedroom light on for about a hour and a half and she didn’t say shit about that. Mind you I’m 24 and he’s 19. I don’t help her out a whole lot but if she needs help with anything it’s ALWAYS me. I help her clean the kitchen, put food away, clean the bathroom, I do dishes, I help her with OfferUp (whenever she has a buyer and she’s not home I help her put the stuff she’s selling and get the money) it’s ALWAYS me. She never asks my brother to do anything and when she does he never does it and she still gives him money or whatever he asks from her but yet if I don’t do the 1 thing she asked she always says “don’t ask me for shit”. I’m not working right now nor do I have a car because I just can’t seem to learn how to drive. I struggle with driving. My brother on the other hand knows how to drive but he doesn’t have a car or a job but he does have job interviews right now on the way. I just know once he gets a job she’s going to talk down on me. It sucks cause at one point my dad did have my back whenever my mom was in the wrong but she told him how that’s wrong and blah blah blah but she’s so quick to protect my brother. No one can fight with him or else she’ll jump in and it will be this big argument. I have gotten in so many fights about her protecting my brother and how it’s unfair how she treats me but she always says how I must be jealous of him and just crazy stuff. It’s like if your aware that you do that then why don’t you change? Why don’t you start treating us equally? I have so much anxiety when she’s here especially whenever she has days off, like I just don’t look forward to her being here for the week.

E

EclipticNight

What is it about driving your having a hard time with?

This sounds a lot like my relationship with my half sister. The best thing you can do is start working on a way to get out of your home and strike out on your own. Once you do she has no power over you. Then you can speak your mind to her and just walk out with your stuff. If your more of a soft loving type you can just go without warning anyone. If your like me you will leave used cat litter in her dresser.

Jh447

Jh447

What is it about driving your having a hard time with?

This sounds a lot like my relationship with my half sister. The best thing you can do is start working on a way to get out of your home and strike out on your own. Once you do she has no power over you. Then you can speak your mind to her and just walk out with your stuff. If your more of a soft loving type you can just go without warning anyone. If your like me you will leave used cat litter in her dresser.
I was learning how to drive for about 6 months straight and I just couldn’t get it. I don’t know why but to me it just seems so confusing. Just everything about driving I just can’t get. I wish I can start getting my life together right now but with this virus going on I feel stuck atm. We’re good for the most part until she gets bored and starts picking fights with me or my dad. It just sucks cause no one has my back like how my mom has my brothers.

E

EclipticNight

Covid sure is a huge pain in the ass. It makes everything really hard. If the operation of the car is confusing you may have dislexia. I have it but im a gamer so ive trained myself to do things on instinct. Maybe if you have a physical skill like that you could adapt it? If not there are alternatives.

If it helps, ill be on your side!

Jh447

Jh447

Covid sure is a huge pain in the ass. It makes everything really hard. If the operation of the car is confusing you may have dislexia. I have it but im a gamer so ive trained myself to do things on instinct. Maybe if you have a physical skill like that you could adapt it? If not there are alternatives.

If it helps, ill be on your side!
It sure does :( Mm no I don’t think I have dyslexia it’s just driving in general is confusing for me. I’m just not used to driving at all. I remember going into the wrong lane and my dad freaking out next to me lol. I can drive thru neighborhoods but once I go into the main streets I get nervous and mess everything up. Hahaha thank you! :clap:

E

EclipticNight

I learned to drive in a grave yard, you can imagine the confidence that instilled lol. I have a hard time, well had, on highways. I cant drive now, i started having seizures 6 months ago completely out of the blue.

I know how frustrating people can be. My sister drives me insane. I did a lot of work for her on her dead mothers house to fix it up and got nothing at all in return. Eventually i started telling her to do it herself. Boy could she scream but i just sat there waiting and when she stopped i asked if she was done, told her im still not helping and to go find a ladder so she could get over it.

B

Bipolarbear808

I don’t know why but today I woke up having a feeling today was going to be a bad day and a long week ahead. So what do you know, today was so annoying. I got into a fight with my parents over something so stupid. Just because I didn’t turn off the kitchen light when they asked me to. The only reason why I didn’t was because before that happened me and my mom got into a fight over something I misplaced. She got so mad at me and started saying all this random stuff that didn’t even make sense how I’m a witch and I’m always starting problems? I misplaced something and I guess she thought I did that on purpose? Another reason why I didn’t do it was because she was just trying to pick a fight with me and I thought if I go turn off this light, in about 5 minutes someone is going to go in that kitchen and leave that light on. I have no idea but I HATE the way she treats me compared to my brother. He had his bedroom light on for about a hour and a half and she didn’t say shit about that. Mind you I’m 24 and he’s 19. I don’t help her out a whole lot but if she needs help with anything it’s ALWAYS me. I help her clean the kitchen, put food away, clean the bathroom, I do dishes, I help her with OfferUp (whenever she has a buyer and she’s not home I help her put the stuff she’s selling and get the money) it’s ALWAYS me. She never asks my brother to do anything and when she does he never does it and she still gives him money or whatever he asks from her but yet if I don’t do the 1 thing she asked she always says “don’t ask me for shit”. I’m not working right now nor do I have a car because I just can’t seem to learn how to drive. I struggle with driving. My brother on the other hand knows how to drive but he doesn’t have a car or a job but he does have job interviews right now on the way. I just know once he gets a job she’s going to talk down on me. It sucks cause at one point my dad did have my back whenever my mom was in the wrong but she told him how that’s wrong and blah blah blah but she’s so quick to protect my brother. No one can fight with him or else she’ll jump in and it will be this big argument. I have gotten in so many fights about her protecting my brother and how it’s unfair how she treats me but she always says how I must be jealous of him and just crazy stuff. It’s like if your aware that you do that then why don’t you change? Why don’t you start treating us equally? I have so much anxiety when she’s here especially whenever she has days off, like I just don’t look forward to her being here for the week.
I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I know how stressful it can be with your fighting with your parents. It sucks that you don't have someone there to stick up for you. Does your dad just stay out of all the arguing? Hope you have a much better tomorrow!