Venlafaxine

megirl

megirl

Venlafaxine, I've been on the drug for 9 years now. I have doubts this drug ever helped with depression. Its like my pdoc gave it to me, it didn't help so just kept adding to it,
Still on it,its quite a nasty medication if I take it a few hours late, missing a dose is horrendous. I wonder what its doing to our brains

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

I took it for 5 months some years ago, it was a horrible drug! It made me agitated and angry and had endless urges to od on it. Then I went hypomanic and stopped taking it. Even after just 5 months I had 2 weeks of brain zaps and other withdrawal effects. If you ever come off it I suggest doing a long taper down.

megirl

megirl

Yeh the brain zaps!!!!
When I was first on it, back when I was still crook, I would take it, miss a day here, or there take double, I'd play around with it all the time horrible experience.
Because I was self harming by doing that it gave me a high, weird
I'd be off balance,spaced out,sweating hot and cold.
Would be great to get off it.
My doctor keeps avoiding getting me off it.
It would be great to decrease it, especially when I dont ever really think the bloody drug helped

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Yes! That's exactly what I did with it. Used it to self harm, making myself ill, it was like a compulsion to destruct. Not a good drug!

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

effexor... this was the very first antidepressant given to me. 20 years ago.
I didn't know any better...young and very depressed at least 12 years before I was correctly diagnosed.

just a sample of the symptoms?.. I was a pig farmer... I saved a thousands of pigs.

I also murdered a whole bunch of pigs... I could not cope with the pressure to do my job.

I did some desperately awful things...and I hate myself...and it's still not enough

I ate coffee and breakfast cereal...I had no taste my head was explosive and after 1 year?... I collapsed and ended up in hospitaland then rehab and got the closest I ever would have... to killing another man... EFFEXOR is a nasty drug

I am already extreme..my advice?

get of it...

venlafaxine?... if there ever is a drug that failed. thats it!

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

there was this one pig... you see?... when they get big enough to let go of mum.
we put them in a cage that' a bit bigger than the one they grew up in a little bit.
...and the piglets are the cutest things ever you did see.

so anyway... they get a little bit bigger... so the cage gets a lot bigger.

and every 1 little pig in about a thousand gets to miss his mum.... and she is in the same shed and the walls to the pen are too high for any piglet trying too hard.

but this one piglet?... he was so missing his mum so bad and this was like I said... I little piggy in at least 1000 or more.

at first I thought it was cute and it still would be.

my work was so intense it took me 2 hours to capture the poor little bugger each day somehow he escaped he was always hanging around his mum.

I decided his days of escaping were over.
I chased him all around the shed and upon finding him. I kicked him to death with my hard boots until he was ...well nothing left of him...

2 weeks later I made a pretty good attempt on my life someone found me

was it me?..I think it was...but not to really let go like that,,, fucking antidepressants

sorry... it's a terrible story

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

so so much hopeless... but helpless honeybadger.

and unfortunate

and not pleasant memories...
and even worse for anything or anyone in my path at the time.