Venlafaxine increasing impulsivity?

P

Pffft

Hello, I am on venlafaxine I have been on it for about 5-6 weeks now. The first 2 wees i was on 37.5 twice a day. after that i was on 75mg (i think its that) twice a day for about 3 weeks and no I am on 112.5mg twice a day. I have been on this dosage for about 5 days now and to be honest it's like I am always looking for a buzz which usually comes when I am driving.

Yesterday I was driving my car and my friend was behind in her car and she said that she was shocked with an overtake that I did and said I was driving like a maniac. She has been in my car loads and knows how I drive but she actually seemed shocked by what I did which is surprising.

I also went to overtake a mini bus and misjudged the situation, so much so the mini bus decreased it's speed so I could get in, in time before a possible collision with the oncoming car. Don't get me wrong, it was by no means close but I don't know what would have happened if the mini bus driver hadn't have slowed down. The scary thing was, was that once I initially pulled out I did have quite a big amount of doubt in my mind that I would get passed but I still went through with it.

I am now avoiding roads where the speed limit is above 40mph as this is when I can be a bit silly. I usually am careful but these 2 incidents and with how I feel I am constantly craving a rush on country roads is scaring me.

Also, when i was driving down a narrow road (its hard for 2 cars to pass) i came up to car who was quite far down the narrow point and then 2 oncoming cars and I was about to get out the car to go storming over to tell the car which i was behind to reverse back and stop being an idiot. It turns out that the driver was actually waiting because the oncoming cars were parking in a little alley way. I usually take a bit of time assessing the situation before I jump in but on this occasion it was like I had no control.

Has anyone else experienced this?

waitingforsummer

waitingforsummer

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi, when I started venlafaxine and at each dose increase I also had an increase in my impulsively. For the 1st 2-3 weeks after the dose increases I also had a massive increase in my anxiety levels and felt very very agitated and couldn't sit still. The good news is that this does seem to settle down a bit with time. I've been on the same dose now for 2 months and things are a bit better...hopefully the same thing will happen for you. I do still have some quite intense periods of restlessness and anxiety....but overall it is a bit better. I do understand what you are experiencing OP....I would be very reluctant to increase my dose again because it is a horrible and out of control feeling. I hope it settles down for you in time.

waitingforsummer

waitingforsummer

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Poopy, I can't stop because I get horrendous withdraws symptoms. I got horrendous withdrawal when I stopped sertraline last year... after 5 months off sertraline I was still dizzy and sick. And sertraline never helped depression for me in the first place. So I then started venlafaxine which stopped the sertraline withdrawal symptoms. If I accidentally miss one dose of venlafaxine I get withdrawals back....so sick and dizzy I cannot function. I've given up trying to taper off a long time ago, it doesn't change anything. I'm resigned to staying on it now. Also, it has pretty much cured my depression so I can do things again. But yeah, I am more anxious and at times agitated....so it is not ideal at all.

Last edited:
K

Karolina1

I'm karolina. And I'm on the exact same dose exact same time. I don't know if I should stay on this medication I'm very scared about if you miss a dose it takes one week to come back from it. And my problem is Extreme severe anxiety whenever I've increase or decrease the dose. Plus I have a hand tremor and my depression is not gone away. Although it's not big time depression I feel like the actual medication brought on the depression