Venlafaxine increase & Blood test required?

F

Fitzgerald78132

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and wish to ask advice on the following:

My medication for venlafaxine has been increased to 300Mg and my CPN wants a nurse to take a sample of my blood to then send to a Lab for analysis, please could someone explain why this is necessary and what exactly will the Lab technicians be looking for within my Blood??

Thank you

Unique1

Unique1

Hi.
Sorry don't know the answer to your question, wanted to welcome you to the forum though :)

I'm not sure if anyone will have the answer here, as I guess the CPN will have asked for the blood test to be taken to look for whatever he/she wanted to check, as a precaution.
Don't be afraid to call and ask them.
Hope the forum is useful to you.
Wish you well.
Unique1 x

H

Helena1

i know that antidepressants can lower blood sodium levels. i have that. i am not sure about anything else.

amathus

amathus

"Venlafaxine tablets can cause unwanted effects that you may not be aware of, such as rises in blood pressure, abnormal heart beat, slight changes in blood levels, liver enzymes or blood salt or cholesterol. In rare cases Venlafaxine can reduce the function of blood platelets leading to an increased risk of bruising or bleeding. Therefore, your doctor may wish to do blood tests, particularly if you have been taking Venlafaxine tablets for a long time."
(xpil.medicines.org.uk)