• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Venlafaxina/efexor 75 mg - activating or sedating?

B

Blackrose09

Some time ago i heard about ketamine working well for depression and anxiety when other treatments dont work.

I

Italia2020

Some time ago i heard about ketamine working well for depression and anxiety when other treatments dont work.
Yes I have heard of that too not to sure I want to try that yet at this point. Going to email my doc tomorrow need to know if si need to get off this med or if the 37.5 is not working enough

B

Blackrose09

Efexor is not working anymore for me I have intense mood swings.

B

bpd2020

Efexor is not working anymore for me I have intense mood swings.
I am sorry it is not working for you any more. I think you should call your doctor tomorrow and tell them. Maybe you need an increased dose.

B

Blackrose09

I am sorry it is not working for you any more. I think you should call your doctor tomorrow and tell them. Maybe you need an increased dose.
I have to see the doctor soon at the end of this month. I take 75 twice per day in the last month.
I will see what can be done.
Thanks for your answer. You are always kind.

Lizaje

Lizaje

It can still be doubled but are you sure the fatigue isn't from the lorazepam or the combination in general? Venlafaxine is prescribed to be taken in the morning so you'd think it in general didn't cause fatigue. It definitely never made me tired. I can take it any time.

B

Blackrose09

The fatigue wad more pronounced in the biggining when I started efexor. And it is cause mainly by insomnia.

B

Blackrose09

Doubled the dose and I can't focus feel like zombie and my mind is moving very slow...

B

Blackrose09

I forget and don't have mental agility....

Anyone else feels like this because of efexor

B

bpd2020

It can take a while before your body gets used to the increase. Try not to do anything today and just rest.

Lizaje

Lizaje

I'm sorry. Did you just get to the doubled dose? It can take a while for your body to get used to it. But no, I don't feel like that. I do have constant (what may be) derealization which may affect how I perceive the way I feel..be patient:hug5:

B

Blackrose09

It can take a while before your body gets used to the increase. Try not to do anything today and just rest.
Thanks. I increased it 3 days ago. I felt like this for an hour or less after taking I. Worked a little today and I was very calm (which is strange to me I'm always stressed) and not anxious at all as I used to be before in social situations. Oh this lack of emotions still bothers me... I meet new people but not interested AT ALL in interacting or knowing them. Idk is this my ilness or medication? Both?
It suppost to be a stimulating day, but I did not feel anything! I was a like a robot.

B

Blackrose09

I'm sorry. Did you just get to the doubled dose? It can take a while for your body to get used to it. But no, I don't feel like that. I do have constant (what may be) derealization which may affect how I perceive the way I feel..be patient:hug5:
I had derealization and depersonalization too later in the day. I just escaped in disociation today because everything was to boring or sad.
Yes I am patient. :) At lest today I am. Thank you.

B

Blackrose09

I think I'm starting to loose my temper because to Calm lol.. and boring. Never felt so calm in the last years

Lizaje

Lizaje

I wish I was calm. I wish the med had the same effect it had the first time.