• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Venlafaxina/efexor 75 mg - activating or sedating?

I

Italia2020

I had/have fatigue if my dose was increased.

In case it hasn't been said - after a few weeks, if you miss a dose, or take it late, you could feel some unpleasant effects. If I accidently skip a day, I feel light headed/dizzy, and yucky in general.

If you stick with this drug - do NOT quit it suddenly.
my other antidepressants that I use to be on I would skip days and never had a problem. But I read that this has a short half life so it’s scary that it would happened.

N

Nukelavee

I had fatigue to begin with so I can’t pin it on the pill. But what concerns me is raising my anxiety at such a low dose. But if it’s helping you in other areas try to stick with it longer because it’s just a side effect that might go away.
Do you think the anxiety might be because the idea of this drug, and the current effects, make you nervous? It might not be the drug itself, but that tendency for anxiety to make us stressed for no real reason?

B

Blackrose09

Do you think the anxiety might be because the idea of this drug, and the current effects, make you nervous? It might not be the drug itself, but that tendency for anxiety to make us stressed for no real reason?
I thought the same. Maybe is fear of medication, of unknown

I

Italia2020

I don’t think so I had this same problem with zoloft and Prozac. Celexa and Lexapro never did this to me. However celexa and Lexapro stopped working after a few years. I’ve been through so many meds looking for something to work. I’m very med sensitive so that makes it harder. 🙁 but I’m going to keep on a little while longer

B

Blackrose09

I read somewhere that benzodiazepines are given at the beginning of antidepressant treatment, in order to be more easily tolerated. But of you are sensitive to medication... I really dont know how to help. Just hope efexor will work soon with lesser side effects.

I

Italia2020

Yes I am taking klonipan. Have been for a while with all the med changes. Thank you!

J

JCPraha

It is not good to stop abruptly, it is true. I think the dose you are on is too low to determine if it will work. It has had some postive effects upon you.

B

Blackrose09

Some days after taking this drug i feel bad for several hours which means zero emotions, no motivation and no energy and feel like im already dead and everything around me is dead too like im in a cimitery. Im thinking of changing it but in afraid no other medication will work like this one.
I started this treatment one month ago in still wating for this adverse reaction to go away, but when? Or will it trully go agay?
(Sorry im complaining again about the same old problem)

bpd2020

bpd2020

When I took it I was always tired and I needed to sleep a lot. It is difficult because in a way feeling numb can feel better then feeling in pain. There are so many medications out there and we all react differently. If you feel it is not suiting you then you could talk to your doctor about trying a less sedating one.

You do not need to be sorry. This is your thread and you can post on it when you want to.

N

Nukelavee

Some days after taking this drug i feel bad for several hours which means zero emotions, no motivation and no energy and feel like im already dead and everything around me is dead too like im in a cimitery. Im thinking of changing it but in afraid no other medication will work like this one.
I started this treatment one month ago in still wating for this adverse reaction to go away, but when? Or will it trully go agay?
(Sorry im complaining again about the same old problem)
Give it another couple weeks. If you are anything like me, you should be past the worst of the effects, and you'll feel more normal soon.

If the feeling persists more than a few more weeks, talk to your doctor.

B

Blackrose09

Thank you both for answering. I will wait... and if i feel continue to feel bad i should ask the doctor about the other type, im on slow release now. I dont think i want to quit ...It solved my problems i swear i felt/was completly insane with mood swings, agitation, memory black outs, felt like i had to many personalities manifesting (very exausting), my mind was racing almost all the time, my intense anxiety will cause mania, i had phobias and maybe more.

bpd2020

bpd2020

It sounds like it has helped you with many symptoms. You may need to weigh up the pros and cons. If the only con is feeling tired then it may be worth staying with it.

I

Italia2020

I’m on 37.5 for two weeks I’m sooo tired. But it has also amped up my panic and anxiety. Don’t know if it’s too low of a dose.

B

Blackrose09

Should decrease anxiety and not cause it, but i dont know if the dose you are taking is working for anxiety.
Besides this, i also take for anxiety lorazepam morning and night, sometimes lunch too.
is there a posibility you can phone or see your doctor and talk about how you are feeling?

I

Italia2020

Should decrease anxiety and not cause it, but i dont know if the dose you are taking is working for anxiety.
Besides this, i also take for anxiety lorazepam morning and night, sometimes lunch too.
is there a posibility you can phone or see your doctor and talk about how you are feeling?
Yes I am taking klonipan also. Can I ask what mg the doctor started you on. Also, did you have major depression panic anxiety anxiety before you started? Not sure what’s going on with me.