• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Venlafaxina/efexor 75 mg - activating or sedating?

B

Blackrose09

The doctor said must be activating, energising but i have the reverse effect with it. I started venlafaxine 20 days ago. After how much time starts working peoperly?

K

Kiareod1219

I would completely stray away from that medication to hard to stop taking it

B

bpd2020

It can take up to six weeks for it to kick in. I really hope it helps you.

B

Blackrose09

I would completely stray away from that medication to hard to stop taking it
I see what what you mean, but after 3 weeks it almost completly resolved social phobia and generalised anxiety and im no longer suicidal.Is working for me, what boters me... sedation and the lack of emotions.

J

JCPraha

Effexor can make you drowsy and dull your emotions. There are always some side effects from these meds. But, it seems like it has helped you quite a bit, so maybe it is worth have some side effects. Yes, it can take 6 weeks to have its full effects. The side effects may subside in time.

B

Blackrose09

Effexor can make you drowsy and dull your emotions. There are always some side effects from these meds. But, it seems like it has helped you quite a bit, so maybe it is worth have some side effects. Yes, it can take 6 weeks to have its full effects. The side effects may subside in time.
Do you have experience with this medication? Did you felt drowsy and dull? Thats exactly how it makes me feel. Will this side effect dissapear in time you say? I hope so.
Is it an activant (energy given) as the doctor said?
Do you take this at night or in the morning/during the day?

Thank you for answering and sorry for asking so many questions, you do not have to answer if you dont want.

B

Blackrose09

Anybody knows why it takes so long to work properly for this type of antidepressant or antidepressants in general?

N

Nukelavee

Anybody knows why it takes so long to work properly for this type of antidepressant or antidepressants in general?
Not even teh doctors really know why it takes about 4-6 weeks to even out how you feel.

I take mine in the morning.

Not certain if I'm just used to the side effects, or if they truly faded away, to be honest.

B

Blackrose09

Not even teh doctors really know why it takes about 4-6 weeks to even out how you feel.

I take mine in the morning.

Not certain if I'm just used to the side effects, or if they truly faded away, to be honest.
Thanks.
I take it in the morning too.
Maybe you learned ways to cope with this site effect or as you said you manage to tolerate it and thaths good.

J

JCPraha

I used to take it twice a day. I took 225mg/day. But I started out at only 75 mg/day then slowly increased it. It worked well for me for several years, then stopped working.

I

Italia2020

Do you have experience with this medication? Did you felt drowsy and dull? Thats exactly how it makes me feel. Will this side effect dissapear in time you say? I hope so.
Is it an activant (energy given) as the doctor said?
Do you take this at night or in the morning/during the day?

Thank you for answering and sorry for asking so many questions, you do not have to answer if you dont want.
I don’t know what it is yet as I’m having a heck of a time on only 37.5 Day 4. It sure has activated my anxiety higher than it was and it was already bad to begin with but by afternoon I have severe fatigue.

B

Blackrose09

After 2 weeks i noticed it helped with anxiety. It didnt cause me anxiety. Fatigue yes.

I

Italia2020

After 2 weeks i noticed it helped with anxiety. It didnt cause me anxiety. Fatigue yes.
I had fatigue to begin with so I can’t pin it on the pill. But what concerns me is raising my anxiety at such a low dose. But if it’s helping you in other areas try to stick with it longer because it’s just a side effect that might go away.

N

Nukelavee

I don’t know what it is yet as I’m having a heck of a time on only 37.5 Day 4. It sure has activated my anxiety higher than it was and it was already bad to begin with but by afternoon I have severe fatigue.
I had/have fatigue if my dose was increased.

In case it hasn't been said - after a few weeks, if you miss a dose, or take it late, you could feel some unpleasant effects. If I accidently skip a day, I feel light headed/dizzy, and yucky in general.

If you stick with this drug - do NOT quit it suddenly.