• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Varying degrees of schizophrenia and weed

• Thread starter Tiredofthepowerstruggle
  • Start date
T

Tiredofthepowerstruggle

I'm done taking my meds because frankly they make me feel shitty. I think my disorganized thoughts and delusions that music or TV are about me usually come when I'm smoking weed. But yesterday was hopefully my last day smoking. I have started taking vitamins instead. I hope that I don't go into a severe psychosis but even whe. I am disorganized I feel better than I do when I'm on meds. Meds make me feel clouded, tired, and lack of sex drive. I cant stand them. I constantly have to argue with my parents about taking them. I know they want the best for me but really they are just judging me and trying to control me. I'm 30 years old and I refuse to be controlled by my parents. I'm nervous that my mom and dad will find out that I'm not taking them because of the arguments we'll have. This illness is tearing this family apart. I've lost most of my friends because of the dumb things when high which is all the time. But I'm done now. No more smoking for me. My schizophrenia doesn't bother me that much. Sometimes I don't think I have it because I've never had voices or visual hallucinations. My usual delusions which don't persist constantly are that the TV is taking about my life. Thats it. And sometimes I can't get any thoughts out because I'm nervous about how they will come out. Not just normal nervous but dreadful about it. I feel a lot of dread. Thats the worst of it. Any replies will be greatly appreciated as I will keep the conversation going. Any thoughts? -tiredofthepowerstruggle

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. Its your body so I suppose its up to you. I think lack of insight is one of the problems with any psychotic illness so if you start to slip then listen to those who love you and see a doc. I would suggest that you go to a psychiatrist and come off the meds slowly and with them monitoring you. I know initially they will try to convince you to take them but once you are through that, they might well help you do this safely. Just stopping meds is very dangerous.

Hopefully others will be along to support you soon

T

Tombomb

The news also feels like it’s waiting for my judge so they can feed off my thoughts. Tv radio bothers me too some side

A

AlrightOkay

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The weed wouldnt have hurt me on its own, there must have been real events to trigger it. Whichever feelings I had where magnified and exagerated by the ganja. @Tiredofthepowerstruggle your post is very relatable to me. I wish you the best luck with quitting.

T

Tiredofthepowerstruggle

The news also feels like it’s waiting for my judge so they can feed off my thoughts. Tv radio bothers me too some side
Yeah but since I know its not real it can't be a delusion right? It's just paranoia I think.

T

Tiredofthepowerstruggle

The weed wouldnt have hurt me on its own, there must have been real events to trigger it. Whichever feelings I had where magnified and exagerated by the ganja. @Tiredofthepowerstruggle your post is very relatable to me. I wish you the best luck with quitting.
Thanks ill do my best to stop. I'm wondering if my psychosis is a drug induced one because it seems to be bad when I smoke only. But I always smoke so its hard to tell when its because of that or not. I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle.

A

AlrightOkay

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks ill do my best to stop. I'm wondering if my psychosis is a drug induced one because it seems to be bad when I smoke only. But I always smoke so its hard to tell when its because of that or not. I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle.
If you can target three weeks as a milestone, and see if you feel like it. Do it best way that works for you, but i'm told after this time its alot easier to manage without it.
All good advice would say you are making a good decision. Are you aware of any type of help in your area? If you should choose it. Have you considered any programs or support groups?

T

Tombomb

It’s not end of the world ! I’ve left that stage way behind

T

Tombomb

Maybe I’m nuts idk I just feel like the hard stuff I go through makes me a better person

T

Tombomb

Rappers back in day ? They went too the top because of there hard knocks n tuff life they struggled from in the cities ? So we are the tuff ones now! See the similarities??

T

Tiredofthepowerstruggle

If you can target three weeks as a milestone, and see if you feel like it. Do it best way that works for you, but i'm told after this time its alot easier to manage without it.
All good advice would say you are making a good decision. Are you aware of any type of help in your area? If you should choose it. Have you considered any programs or support groups?
A psychiatrist offered me some help with the smoking cessation but I'm kinda of reluctant to try them. I think I can make it three weeks. Its good to know it gets easier.

T

Tiredofthepowerstruggle

Rappers back in day ? They went too the top because of there hard knocks n tuff life they struggled from in the cities ? So we are the tuff ones now! See the similarities??
Yup

T

Tombomb

Kinda cool if are difficulties are used to study the way are problems can help are society ? I could see it happen

T

Tombomb

It’s unique too have such difficulties which is hard too tap into?

T

Tiredofthepowerstruggle

Kinda cool if are difficulties are used to study the way are problems can help are society ? I could see it happen
could you elaborate. I think that therap
It’s unique too have such difficulties which is hard too tap into?
its very unique yes. Sometimes I think that mentally healthy people have the same thoughts and paranoias just not persistently