• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Various Experiences...

T

'The One'

Hello, I've had a problem since starting University. In fact I had to leave University on the very first or second week because of my problem. Basically, one dark night, all my anxiety finally built up in my head and everything went dark for a long time after that. Dark in the sense that I feel I was losing control of my mind. It felt like my head was physically changing that night, like some kind of dark cover was pulled over me. (This may sound like the Spider-Man 3 'Venom suit'). I was on my own in my room numbered 'Room 13', (would you believe it...?!). I was at Aberystwyth Uni in Wales when I decided to come home. My dad picked me up and as we left in the car I felt like my life was and had come to an end.

It felt very uncomfortable, and I've not really got over it, but worse feelings have happened since then. There were times in Barbados, in the Lake District, Cornwall and other places like Global Gathering in Stratford-Upon-Avon and at home.

I'm wondering whether anyone can tell me what it is. It didn't and doesn't feel right. I've been told that it's a type of breakdown and a psychosis, and people keep telling me it's all in the mind, even though it's physical and it stops me relaxing properly. I'm thinking that it's negativity built up over time. I was hearing or seeing voices and words at Uni and afterwards for a long while and am sure that I could tell what people were thinking. I'm also wondering whether someone may have put something in my drink at Uni too.

At University it felt like some kind of werewolf transformation, lol, and my spine and skull felt like they moved and changed as I was worrying about my diary, something that's had a hold on me for a while. I don't worry about it as much now, but there's still a niggling feeling that I have to do something about it.

I'm wondering whether a few of these experiences were natural, but that maybe some of them could have been avoided. My head still feels hard and compressed at the back, and it keeps making me turn my head loads of times each day. Since Uni, I've been able to monitor things that happen to me. I've been very depressed about the whole thing. :cry:

I have taken several medicines including prozac, respiridone, and other prescribed medication that the doctors have given me.

It's good to find a forum here where people try to understand the problems people have. Good to meet you all. :)

T

'The One'

Also...

I also feel guilty that I didn't do as well as I could've done in college, and that I could've enjoyed it more, made a better impression, etc.

D

Dollit

No one on here can tell you what your experience were but people do have a wide range of experiences to share and maybe you'll find some solace in that.

Welcome to the forum.

T

'The One'

Thank you

Thank you very much, I'm sure I will. :)