• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

VALIUM mmm

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
has anyone on this site ever become addicted to valium???? i got a course from my doctors and have taken it before and had to have a words with myself to stop buying it on the internet. i am an ex alcoholic so it would be all too easy to swap one addiction for another thanks diddy:tea:

schiz01

schiz01

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDbPnAQ-c1o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDbPnAQ-c1o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A

Apotheosis

Valium is what usually kills addicts - quite a number of friends have died from mixing valium & heroin & going over - heart stopped - game over.

A fast withdrawal from Valium causes fits that can be fatal; & I've seen it.

Often people think that when they stop a drug it just leaves the system & no problem. It can take up to 2 years for all traces of Valium to withdraw for the body after heavy & prolonged usage. Valium is one of the worst drugs to get off & withdraw from; & with one of the longest & most severe withdrawal periods; I would say that it's worse than Heroin; incidentally; as unpleasant as Heroin withdrawal is; it is not physically dangerous; & Heroin leaves the body very quickly.

As a side note - the initial withdrawal/detox from cannabis is 6 months - that's how long it takes to come out of the fat cells in the brain - bio-chemical changes induced by drugs can take very much longer still - often years. Some bio-chemical & changes in brain function/structure are permanent.

J

jamesdean

I was thinking about cannabis this morning because I cannot understand how it messes up peoples mh because it helped me greatly for ten years to become chilled out before I started taking AD's,it had so many positives n no negatives and I guess if Idid smoke still I would still have cannabis because it is by far more enjoyable smoking it. I used to have such a lovely smile when stoned has I was told often.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
wow

i knew there was a reason why i shouldnt take valium but i didnt know why and thats it the video hell.............poor bugger. think i'll pass lol my friend online had a course after severe panick attacks and likes it too i'll tell her to watch this. WORSE THAN HEROINE hell you guys probably saved my life thanks diddy

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
i'd agree with apotheosis, valium is worse than heroin, i've known many people who have or do take both and it's weird because the ones that often get looked at as junkies are the ones who take valium, they end up both looking just as bad in the long-term (but that does take a long time) but the ones that are better at acting in a more functional manner are usually the heroin addicts. Taking away the long term problems even in the short term the effects can be drastic, i met someone missing his front teeth from taking valium and running into a lamppost and it took him days to even realise it happened because he kept taking more.

A

Ainsworth

i either have diazepam or alcohol withdraw, what ever it is, it sucks big time. stayed off the drink but cant stop the benzo's. im in hell and i want it to end :cry:

J

jamesdean

i either have diazepam or alcohol withdraw, what ever it is, it sucks big time. stayed off the drink but cant stop the benzo's. im in hell and i want it to end :cry:
pm me any time if I can help I will, take care JD