• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Vagus Nerve Stimulation

WifeWithDepression

WifeWithDepression

Founding Member
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Vagus Nerve Stimulation as treatment of the depression associated with PTSD. I do google searches and see various info or videos, primarily by those saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. The same type of testimonials that I saw for Electro Conculsve Therapy. Which did not turn out all rosey, by the way. As they say, once bitten, twice shy.

Last edited:
A

Asphyx117

Is ECT an actual type of treatment used in the UK present day? I cant seem to find a reliable source of info about it.

D

dreamcatcher

Hi yes ECT is used in the uk.I've had a few courses myself over the last few years

jajingna

jajingna

A ten-year old thread!

I just saw a couple articles about this. Sounds like a good way to calm down.

carlita

carlita

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Vagus Nerve Stimulation as treatment of the depression associated with PTSD. I do google searches and see various info or videos, primarily by those saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. The same type of testimonials that I saw for Electro Conculsve Therapy. Which did not turn out all rosey, by the way. As they say, once bitten, twice shy.
I have it for Epilepsy.

I can't speak for depression since I didn't hear of it when I suffered from depression. However, I've had seizures since 12 and I think it was ten or so years out before I got my VNS.

You'd have to talk with a medical professional (there aren't too many who are familiar with it) to know the details. Neurologist would be the best to go to, in my opinion.