• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Useful terms

T

toto

Search Google for more information on the following terms. Reflections on them have led to the fact that I have no votes and go into remission as soon as I get a full rest for about a week, when I sleep as soon as I fall asleep, no matter what time it is. Authority, emotional intelligence, panic attacks ", cognitive dissonance, selective thinking.

T

toto

Panic attacks or fights between need and want, fight or flight, caused by an internal conflict between obligations imposed by the environment and your desires.

T

toto

I used to be in a sect, I believed in Jesus and magic, paranormal ... now I'm an atheist and I can control my condition 90 percent. I don't believe in anything supernatural. For a long time I read various articles about space, I recalled what I had studied in physics and chemistry, I took a scientific view of the creation of the world. I answered all the questions I had. I don't think there is a Jesus, but since we live in a vacuum, I believe that there may be a rebirth (but rather I think that death breaks all connections to electrons, protons, quarks, etc.)

T

toto

Realistically, my flesh continues to live, but in a different form, decomposing and becoming part of other animals / matter.

T

toto

Suppressed aggression. Can you define healthy selfishness?

Being selfish is not bad when it is measured and does not harm others.

T

toto

Please do not rub. Because the following proves the effectiveness of therapy. I have been ill for 10 years, but I do not take pills. So far I have drunk maybe 4 times in no more than a month. During the first and second psychosis, I had all the symptoms of schizophrenia. Including I'm not sure if I didn't believe someone had contacted me telepathically or Jesus, the Devil. I believe that my voice was then part of an internal dialogue (I have a habit of thinking to myself, sometimes I talk to "you")

T

toto

I do not advise anyone to stop taking their pills, because everyone's condition is different and they control their symptoms to different degrees. In addition, necessarily, as long as you believe in telepathy, paranormal, Jesus, magic, you will continue to consider internal dialogue as dialogue with an alien being.

T

toto

Which suggests psychosis over time. For me, psychoses appear after prolonged insomnia. Before each psychosis or the children are sick or I have problems at work / scandals with my husband because of which I can not sleep. In fact, scandals with my husband were commonplace until 4 months ago, when I entered psychiatry.

T

toto

An example of authority is ... during the first psychosis I had a mental dialogue with a member of a sect. The thoughts were terrible. I even think that at that moment I perceived him as a foreign voice. I got into some delusions that my daughter was possessed by a ghost (it was her first month in a nursery and woke up scared), including the thought / voice that I had to kill her to get rid of her. The good thing is that I called my husband because I was afraid of my thoughts.

T

toto

In this case, the member of the sect was my authority through which I make decisions. Extremely scary. To my delight, I found a therapist who helped me get out of this sect, including the official Christian religion / sect. Now my therapist plays the role of authority. And the thought "what would he say" is an attempt (he said this) to conduct psychotherapy on his own.

T

toto

cognitive dissonance, as far as I understand it is ... when I tell you to pay attention that your throat is barely moving when you think and when you have voices in your head and you provoke your voices yourself, you tell me that voices control the body you. In fact, the hardest part of treating schizophrenia is convincing a person that they are provoking their own voices.

T

toto

That there is no telepathy, nothing paranormal. As far as the votes ... I may not always be right. It is possible that due to some defect in the brain, there is an active phase of rem, which is usually activated when you sleep and dream, and this causes hallucinations