• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Useful Coping Strategies and Options for Dealing with Distressing Voices

D

ddjaz0

Is it intentional or just stupid ?

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I am still overall very well indeed in terms o fhearing voices. I still manage the symptons by working out to fitness dvd, and these days chair fitness more than any form of workouts, until I will feel ready for standingmoving about workouts,

listening to music and kniting, combined, and also, now I couldn't remember when reading through to remind me, that I put the following anyway I shall again, to help others out in current time, I will also listenng to music whilst on line at compu ter, and also offline to external volunteering.

Thankfully, I haven't had the need to contact relavant organisations, for extra help, as I take a high but not too high dose, of Abilify.

Thankfully, there have been lesser amount of helicopters, this day and age.

Have a good week all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

London, England, UK.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

Early evening, we had visitors, from a neighbouring house round the corner, a football, was accidentlaly kicked over.

Now earlier on half hour back, I had a heard voice happen, non predicted. I thoiught right, I'll put Beverely Knight on. And it worked, the voice had then in the interrm quickly gone.

I am fine, once more.

i personally feel, that the novelty of 25ml, 24/7 is wearing out, but I feel, that it was just aglitch in my system.

I have been listening to music, and knitting.

Have a good late evening all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

D

ddjaz0

Good vibes. Do you find that when are confused or unsure of something it gets worse?

M

Me12

Any one have new ideas how to deal with voices after failing with, music, watching tv, watching u tube, texting and talking with friends / family and community support playing cards and using fiddle card and talking to the voice out loud and imagining voice is locked up in a shipping container and superhero is standing guard to beat up voice of voice causes problems, going for a walk, sending voice on a one way airplane trip to antartica

D

ddjaz0

Have you seen the film inception ? Find a totem, like a cat/animal or an object that is familiar to you and focus on it in your mind. Use creative visualization. Travel in your head, use memories from the past, go to places from your childhood, revisit past events/memories. Not trapped in a concept/information space. Also focus on the positive - thinking about bad voices is like expanding that information. There’s nothing in it. Just a spiral of information and emotions. Not worthwhile. If you can avoid looking at it as good or bad that can help also. Ask yourself this question - what am I listening to ? Does it mean anything ?

A

Alf

I hear a whispering nearly all the time. It only bothers me when the loud voice (male) tells me to do bad things, including killing myself. This happened whilst out for a walk around the countryside recently.

R

ReveAventurier

Hello. Good Day,

In order to cope with these voice you must understand all of their abilities. I know for a fact that these voices are ghosts from a lower dimension that I have entered in Out of Body Experiences. I disconnected from my body and I discovered what abilities some of these ghosts have. Humans can only have short Out of Body Experiences that last less than a minute but we are able to see spirit animals and sometimes we can enter lower dimensions where we can find these ghosts that cause schizophrenia.

These ghosts can see any visualization you have in your mind like watching a movie on a computer screen. It is a little like the movie Minority report where there are several mediums that watch our memories and these ghosts are just criticizing anything they hear from these mediums because they actually say our thoughts out loud. For example, if you think, " I am hungry, I'm going to eat something", these Medium Ghosts will fall in a trance and say the entire sentence out loud and the others will hallucinate and become confused for a minute so they feel that they have to talk constantly in order to not hallucinate so much.

The most important thing about these ghosts is that they can imitate and use anybody's voice. If you are around a friend, for example, as soon as your friend speaks they will use your friend's voice and they will speak above your friends voice and drown her voice and make their voice louder and you will hear what they want you to hear and not what your friend is actually saying. In fact, its as if you are entering their dimension and they speak for your friend using her voice. They will apply this with anyone around you. They can hear things from far away and they can increase and decrease the volume on any sound around you.

So, you cannot trust your ears anymore because their entire strategy is to make you think , in this manner, that people are talking about other things and they will always have a story prepared with whatever comes to their mind. The purpose is to become paranoid and to make you paranoid along with them with endless stories so that you never figure out what ghosts from this dimension can do.

So, these ghosts are only talking to you because they want to see your memories in order to lie and say that they are family members or anyone you know just because they want to watch your memories and your current thoughts and distract you from discovering all their abilities. They died and now they think they can play with your mind with their new abilities. I think they are all drug addicts that committed suicide.

The best way to know when they are playing with you is when you begin to get emotional. They can make you get angry and more emotional. They will become sad, they will become annoyed, they will use all emotions and you will feel and think that these emotions, thoughts and reactions are yours, but, in reality , all these emotions, reactions, and thoughts are theirs. It takes time to learn to differentiate your emotions from their emotions. Me, I can turn my emotions on and off ever since I went Out of Body so I know that their entire game is just to play with emotions and hide their abilities.

The above explains their entire strategy. They will do this little by little because they think they are traumatizing you or something. But, above all be careful while driving because these ghosts can make you get really sleepy and they can cause a car accident.

I discovered that they are hallucinating all day long and that they need any story in order to not hallucinate nightmares and illusions from other ghosts that can torture them in nightmarish illusions. In fact, nightmares are caused by these ghosts. A ghost will sleep where you sleep and you will both wake up together and you will both start hallucinating the same shadows, sounds, and hallucinations in your bedroom. So, hearing voices is the same as a nightmare. Several ghosts slept on top of you and you all woke up together and started to hallucinate the same "nightmare".

If the voices are loud they may be having nightmares and they want to hallucinate your reality instead. So you must use strategies against them. You can listen to documentaries and put them in a faster playback speed and these voices will actually become confused since they want to listen to everything that you are listening to. You can also try to listen to several birds chirping and this also gets rid of them and makes them hallucinate birds and fast energetic signals from the chirping that can break your shared "nightmare".

If the voices become too loud, you should read to them these abilities because they are trying to scare away new ghosts that may be visiting you who do not know what these other ghosts can do and they will play with them just like they are playing with you. Ghosts project sound and images onto faces and they can project faces and sound onto peoples faces to make you think someone is talking bad about you.

Finally, another good strategy is to watch Muppet show videos when these ghosts are talking to you and you will see for yourself how they project their voices and words onto the Muppets' faces. You will also discover that there are several ghosts taking turns in talking and that some of do not even know what they are talking about. Try this many times and you will come up with more strategies against them. Good luck!

T

Trapezum

Music has no positive effect on my voice either, in fact if my voice learns a new song he'll sing it for days if not weeks so I avoid music when I can. Unfortunately I hear music on the car radio when going to and from social groups and on adverts on the telly. I usually get woken up to a random song every morning.

Apart from that I ignore my voice as much as possible, todays he's really been going on and on about how unfair this all is to him (medication and being ignored) and how I should talk to him and let him do whatever he wants which will never happen as long as he keeps talking when I'd rather he wouldn't (on social groups and when I'm trying to sleep at night), but it's his life and if he wants to flog a dead horse he's perfectly entitled to.

:floggingdeadhorse:
My situation is somewhat simila, music become a weapon they use. They greatly harass me if I ignore them, which I am able to do somewhat. Sleep deprivation was a serious form of attack, but has lessened now somewhat.
they have a very serious form of potty mouth which is their main form of offense. They make all forms of claims, from being me, to saying that Im their baby, ….. many rediculus claims…..
they chant and scream greatly. Many other forms of accusations and claims. Very foul mouthed!

T

Trapezum

Ever heard voices intertwined with the wind? Did you find out who possessed you?
These voices in my head, use any form of noise to increase their volume of attack. These voices for me began almost a year ago. They brag that they are demons. I have had a life of involvement with demons during religion which I no longer am involved with, but have never been possessed till now.