• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Used to swallow half way through a sentance

H

Headingtothelight

I used to get so anxious when speaking to people that i would swallow mid sentance nd it would be sooo obvious that i was nervous :/ I don’t do it as much anymore atall but wasn’t in a good mindset and wasn’t loving myself should always be confident and not nervous when speaking Sometimes i feel like when looking in someone’s eyes they can tell exactly what i feel

S

summerrollercoaster

Im glad and proud of your improvement : )
Usually from my experience, people don't care at all about how you present and all these little things you're thinking about are all in your head. The audience is usually thinking about their own presentation or aren't focused. I know the struggle of presenting, yes its hard to over come the fear, but if you work on it and your coping skills things will alway get better. Usually what helps me is asking myself, will this matter in 5 years or 2 years? and if not, I just present as well as I can, whatever happens happens, you did your best. : )