Use one word to describe how you feel now (mental health related)

C

Coolname

Why would you want to try to be angry? Anger is a horrible emotion I wish I couldn't feel. Also so are guilt and depression. I'm an emotional wreck. :(
Because I am Mr Repression, Mr Avoidant. Developing compassion for me involves removing the blame from me and placing it where it belongs, anger goes hand in hand with that.

C

Coolname

Because I am Mr Repression, Mr Avoidant. Developing compassion for me involves removing the blame from me and placing it where it belongs, anger goes hand in hand with that.
Maybe I should write some new Mr Men books? Mr Repression, Mr Avoidant, Mr Anxious, Mr Suicidal Ideation? MR ANGRY!

Parayana

Parayana

For me, its not feeling angry that is the problem, if something has pissed you off, it has pissed you off, it's getting caught up in its story and believing the situation will persist.

C

Coolname

For me, its not feeling angry that is the problem, if something has pissed you off, it has pissed you off, it's getting caught up in its story and believing the situation will persist.
I agree that getting caught up in the stories we tell ourselves is a major issue with MH and for people in general. Not seeing the potential for change is classic lie of depression, no hope, no point.

Parayana

Parayana

I have a Christian friend from my old support group from college, he's a bit of a fundamentalist who reckons you shouldn't feel anger or desire, I told him as long as you have a hormonal system your going to feel them and repression will just make them come back stronger.